Chapter Two

Mumbai

"Someone is here, for you Sir." The security guard said to Mr. Devhan.

"Who?"

"I have no idea. She says she's here with something of yours."he replied. Mrs. Devhan looked at her husband, then back at the security guard.

"Let her in." She said to him. The guard nodded and left. She looked at her husband, watching for some signs, and she seemed to get what she was looking for. He was acting uneasy, strange, fumbling with his cutlery. No one noticed but her. The door pushed open to reveal a woman, looking in her late fourties, dressed in plane clothes. Behind her, stood two people, a male and a female. The male wore baggy trousers and brown plane shirts and the lady was dressed in cheap sarees from the cheap stores. Mrs. Devhan noticed the expression on her husband's face. His fork fell out of his hand, and he found it difficult to hold on to anything.

"Can i help you?" Mrs. Devhan asked as she wiped her mouth with the wet wipes. There was no reply directed to her, but the lady walked up to Mr. Devhan with an expressionless face.

"So, this is what has become of you, and you couldn't even think to drop by to see your family?" The expression on everyone's face was expected. Shocked beyond measures. Stunned and surprised. Everyone stopped eating, all attention fixed on the woman and hwr entourage.
"No money for upkeeps again, you abandoned us to be with your mew family? It took me years to find you, and now i find that you made it big. Denied your own son his birthright. What kind of father are you?!" This time the tempo in her voicr had increased with suppressed and ger and pain released. Mr. Devhan didn't speak up but Mrs. Devhan couldnt contain anything any longer.

"Excuse me, who are you? And what are these baseless accusations on my husband? Are you sure you're in the right place? Who's son? And what are you talking about?" The lady casts Mrs. Devhan and scornful look.

"Saraswati. When you were barren, you couldn't fulfill your duties as a complete woman, this man here came to me, he promised me all you can ever imagine, if only i gave him a child. I was nineteen then, what did I know, when i became pregnant, you too were pregnant. This bastarf sitted right here remembered he had responsibilities to fulfill to his. He abandoned us, he used to send money to us but then he stopped. He stopped to sponsor his son's education, stopped sending money for up keeps. This young man standing here, is my son, his son. Karan. And that is his wife,   Leena." She explained. Mrs. Devhan turned to look at her husband. This time, he stood up from his chair, and went over to his wife, who was in utter shock.

"S..." she raised her hand to stop him from talking.

"No explanation. I need the truth from you immediately. Is what she's saying true?"

"Hon..."

"Is what she's saying true?!!!!!" Her tone increased. He was confused, didnt know how to react.

"Is she saying the truth!!!" Her voice rose, with anger and pain , her eyes saying differently, begging that it's a lie. But she was disappointed when the answer fell from his lips.

"Yes." She didn't know how but she slapped him hard across his face, leaving fingerprint traces.

"You told me you were fine with it. You said that you would never sleep anothee woman! You swore on my mo... so that's why you swore on my mother? How could I be so foolish?" She said with tears in her eyes, slapping her palm on her forehead.
"You have a son outside this home. You got someone else pregnant, you hid it from me for the last thirty years. Really? Are you this evil? This heartless? You're such a liar. I was suffering because of you. My barreness came from you! You didnt want a child immediately, not so? You kept giving me drugs to stop me from getting pregnant. Do you remember? How it was your fault for the numerous miscarriages, and then, what did you do? You slept with another woman, when she was nineteen! What stops me from calling you a rapist?! You were thirty then, or even more. Why? Why did you do this? Why did you do this to me? God, I hate you !!! "

"I can explain. " was all he muttered as she turned to walk away but she turned back again, with anger written all over her face, in her eyes.

"Explain what?! Explain! Go ahead and explain!! Explain to the whole family your reason for having an illegitimate child! Explain!! Cat caught your tongue now? "She asked pushing him on his chest, using her hands to beat him.

"I dont care for all this drama. I came here, to take what is rightfully mine. For my son. And we wont be going anywhere. This is our new home." The lady said as she sat down on the couch. No one could say a word, Supriya stared at her parents in shock, Zara took her daughter to the room while Raj did the same as his sister. Look in surprise.

"Alright. They are not my problem but make sure that they dont cross my path. Take care of them or else you will see the worst part of me you've dreaded to see." She warned with anger in her voice as she stomped off leaving the entire room in silence. With that, Supriya left the dining, followed by Raj.

"I told you not to come here. Why didn't you call?" He asked her.

"Call? I called you so many times but there was no answer, sent you numerous messages but you refused to answer them. I only came across you in the papers. A big opportunity. When i met you first, you didnt have much, you have so much now, we have been suffering, all we need is our own share of our property. And don't think that by that, we'll leave. As you can see, we've brought our bags with us. My son will stay here, with his wife, and i will stay here with you."

"You worked in the brothel. You were not as innocent as you claimed . I laid you for the waste of time and you told me it was fine. "

"My mind changed." Was her only answer as she looked away from him. He looked at her, then at the young man sitted few feet from him.

"And you came ? To reap from where you didn not sow? My son, my legitimate son, not from a womab in the brothel, is the one running everything. You want your share of the property, meet him." Was all he could say before walking away from them.

A/n:

What do we think about the chaos in the Devhan household? What do you have to say about Mr. Devhan's costly mistake? Hope you liked the chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you😊😊😊❤