Distraction

A/N: Smut warning. That is all.

FP parks the cruiser in front of the house, grabbing the large stack of paperwork that needs to be done from the passenger seat. It seems like he's getting a call every day with news that another family in Riverdale has gotten a tape on their doorstep. He's making more and more visits to people's homes, and that means he's falling severely behind on paperwork. As much as he hates bringing work home, it needs to be done.

He pushes the red door open and finds an eerily quiet house, seemingly empty.

"Jellybean?" He calls out, figuring she was most likely to be home out of everyone. Instead, Alice pokes her head around the corner from the kitchen.

"Hey, handsome. Come in here." She says brightly, and a smile breaks out across his face. He wasn't expecting her to be home from work yet.

"You're home early." FP muses as sets the papers down on the counter and walks up behind her, laying a hand over her shoulder. She's sitting at the island, typing away on her laptop.

"We're running some pre-recorded segments tonight, so I was able to slip out before the 6 o'clock broadcast." She hits send on the email she'd just crafted and turns her attention to the man beside her.

"Well, aren't I lucky?" He says softly as he leans down and plants a gentle kiss against her lips. Her hand quickly finds its way to the base of his neck, holding him closer as she kisses him again. FP hums against her lips as her tongue teases along the seam of his.

"Where are the kids?" He asks as he presses his thumbs against her hips, pushing her away enough to look at her.

"Betty's at Veronica's for the night and Jellybean asked if she could go over to Charles' apartment to watch all the Star Wars movies. I said yes, I hope that's okay." Alice explains, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth.

"She asked you?" FP asks, his eyebrows raised. Alice's hand drifts down his neck and lands flat against his chest.

"Yeah, I didn't think you would mind." She says, suddenly a little worried that maybe she had overstepped.

"Mind?" He lets his hand come up to hold her face. "That's amazing. I'm glad that they want to spend time together. And I'm glad that she felt comfortable enough to ask you."

"Me too." Alice smiles and presses a sweet kiss to his lips. "What's all this?" She asks, pointing to the stack of papers he'd put down next to her laptop when he came in.

"Work. We're getting behind with everything that's going on. I have to finish tonight, or I'll just be worse off tomorrow." FP sighs and a pout had already started to form on Alice's face.

"We have the house to ourselves and you're working?" She questions, unamused. He pushes a curl behind her ear.

"I'm sorry. I'll try to get it done as fast as I can." He kisses her forehead and moves away, picking up the papers.

"Where are you going?" She asks, baffled that he looks like he's going to walk away from her right now.

"Basement. It's quieter down there." He smirks.

"Are you serious? Just work on it up here. We can sit on the couch together and I'll get some work done too." She insists.

"You're going to distract me, and you know it, Smith." FP says firmly, but playfully.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'll be on my best behavior." Alice says, standing up from her chair and inching closer and closer to his lips until just barely a breath away, turning around and walking into the living room before making contact.