Chapter 13 A Favor

You ducked behind some cover as a hail of bullets rained upon you, you took the moment to catch your breath and reload. Jordan was sitting behind a deployable shield that he had borrowed from one of the terrorists. You were starting to think that maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all, you tossed out one of your flashbacks and moved forward with Jordan gunning down as many White Mask as you could before you ran out of ammo.

Jordan: "Now what?!"

You: "I don't know!"

You heard footsteps behind you and the reality of you being surrounded sunk in.

Jordan: "I'll ask again, now what?"

You: "I don't know."

5 hours earlier

After a dreamless sleep, you sat up and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes, you covered your face for a few seconds before looking at Samara who was still sleeping. You smiled for a few seconds before standing up and walking toward your closet, you came out with your everyday preference and walked out of the room to let Samara sleep. You walked toward the canteen and got what was being served that day, which luckily was some waffles with bacon. You got some food for you and Samara and walked back to the room, Samara was up and was wearing a tank top along with some jeans.

Samara: "I was just about to get it myself."

You chuckled and handed her a plate.

You: "No you weren't."

She didn't respond and started eating, you sat next to her and did the same.

You: "Come on Sam, not like this, you need to take it easy for the time being."

Samara: "I know, it's just the feeling of helplessness, I don't usually rely on others for anything."

You remembered what she was best at.

You: "Yeah, but now you're part of a team, and you're gonna have to learn how to put your life in the hands of others, and I know you're perfectly capable of handling yourself but when you're in a team and not on your own you will have to trust them with your life, and you can be sure I will be in that team."

She avoided eye contact and started eating again, you thought nothing of it and did the same. You finished first and Samara did shortly after, you grabbed her plate and walked to the door, she didn't stop you as you walked out.

Samara's POV

I was in deep thought after what Y/N said, deep down I knew he was right. I can't just be part of a team and only rely on myself, but at the same time I've been so used to soloing missions that I've learned that the only person I can really trust was myself, but that changed when I met Y/N, he's proven trustworthy and that was enough for us to become friends, but when he came back for me during that failed assassination attempt I knew he was different, most people I knew would have left me for dead but he came back. I couldn't help but grow attached after that. A knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts and I stood up while grabbing my shoulder, I eased my way over and opened it, a woman I haven't met yet stood there, she was fidgeting for some reason.

Yumiko: "Hi, I'm Yumiko, but you can call me Yumi if you want."

She extended her hand and I shook it.

Samara: "I'm Sam."

Y/N's nickname had a nice ring to it.

Yumiko: "I heard what happened and I just wanted to know if you were alright."

I quickly glanced at my shoulder and luckily she caught on.

Yumiko: "Oh, I'm sorry that all that happened to you, is it alright if I come in?"