Chapter 2

"Son of Apollo? Like that Greek god? I learned about them in like middle school..you're one of those kids who researched them a bunch and claim you're the child of one aren't you?" I asked unamused by his joke, but from his facial expression he didn't look like he was joking. "I'm not claiming anything!" he snapped at me I hadn't meant to upset him but honestly right now I couldn't take any of his claims serious. "I am a child of Apollo! He just...doesn't accept me as so...he even cursed me, most kids of Apollo have such great traits but he cursed me with all his bad traits..." he muttered out trying to hold back his tears from what I saw. All I could say was "I'm sorry dude, I didn't realize that uh I should be going though-" he stated I wanted to leave as soon as possible but then he grabbed me by the wrist and simply told me to run, and so we ran I didn't understand what we were running from until I looked behind us. There was a horrible creature chasing us, it looked like some kind of giant Octopus chasing us that's when I decided not to look back again, I was so terrified I swear I nearly blacked out while we ran. I blinked there was a shadow above us, I thought one of its giant tentacles was over us and we were about to die so I tightly shut my eyes then I opened then when I realized someone had grabbed me and lifted me up...up..and up, I noticed Kaiden had grabbed my ankle so we both got lifted to safety from the octopus. I was too afraid to see what had grabbed me, and when I had finally started getting use to the flight we all fell and just our luck we fell into some kind of dark forest. Whoever had been carrying me landed on Kaiden so I got a good look at them, they were a tall blonde boy his hair almost as pale as his skin to go with his pale complexion were a pair of bright blue eyes, he had bags under those eyes as well. He wore a bandaid on his nose, maybe he had gotten injured before he found us? He also had a small heart on his right side of his cheek. He quickly got off of Kaiden and scooted away almost as if even looking at the shorter male would give him some disease. Kaiden didn't look too happy about how the boy crash landed them then landed on top of him which is understandable I don't think anyone would be happy after that. I was lucky enough to land on pile of broken branches not much of a soft landing but it's better then the ground from what I could see there was litter everywhere on the ground from broken glass to plastic and all that, that wouldn't have been comfortable. We all stood and looked around the dark forest, it was so weird here, I had never seen a forest this dark since I had gone to the woods by my best friend's house during a sleep over! "Are..you guys alright?" the blonde male asked his voice was soft as he looked away he was staring at his own hands, maybe he had trouble speaking to others I mean me and Kaiden were complete strangers to him so again its understandable. "I'm fine-" I stated but was quickly interrupted by Kaiden "Hey you winged creep! What gives you the right to land on me like that?! I could've broken something you know!" he cried out dramatically I saw him reach for his pocket knife so I quickly acted and grabbed the knife away from him holding it out of his reach "Kaiden calm down. He got us away from the octopus didn't he?" I turned to the blonde "I'm sorry, what's your name?" I asked with a smile he looked at me ever so slightly and repiled in a quiet whisper "Nicodemus...Lovelock," Kaiden laughed at the name but I thought it sounded fine, I haven't heard anything like it sure but there's probably a bunch of names I haven't heard of, "I'm Marissa,uh thanks for saying us back there but how did you fly?" he seemed to tense at that then turned away and I soon saw how exactly he flew. Poking out of the back of his torn hoodie was a pair of wings they looked awfully bloody like someone had been ripping the feathers out. "Oh-" was all I came up with I really couldn't think of what to say. Him and Kaiden both looked up when there was a loud Boom of thunder "We should find shelter we can talk when we aren't about to get rained on.." Kaiden muttered out in an aggressive way. I didn't want to argue and Nicodemus didn't seem to want to either so we all began walking and soon enough we found an old run down temple type structure. We quickly took it as our shelter even though we already were soaked, Kaiden took off his leather jacket and set it on the floor to sit on, as he glared at Nicodemus. I must have passed out because suddenly I wasn't at the temple. I was someplace in the forest, I saw my mother and a man I didn't know who he was but then again I don't know a lot of things, she looked like she was pleading to him about something. Then he turned to me staring intensely he smiled "Come to me my princess" he said then I woke up gasping for air and coughing I couldn't stop coughing. Then I sat up and threw up a bunch of water off the the side of where I had been laying. When I finally caught my breath I noticed Kaiden and Nicodemus kneeling by me, they looked fairly concerned but I assured them I was fine. "No you aren't" grunted Kaiden, I hadn't even known him for that long and his attitude was getting on my nerves already. Nicodemus sighed shaking his head "Marissa..you don't look well..you're so pale..and you look almost green..also your eyes..they look like..how do I put this nicely..um they look like fish eyes.." he muttered out, I insisted I was still fine and stood "I..don't think we'll be safe here for long," I stated, "yeah look who came to their sense after napping for hours! I was about to leave you but Mr.Love here insisted you would wake up-" Kaiden then was smacked in the head by Nicodemus "shut it sunshine.." he growled out before he turned to me "you're right, we need to leave i...I might know a place..and from what I remember Kaiden does too.." they both gave each other a look and soon we were off.