Chapter Eleven

The airport was silent after it had been evacuated. Keira sucked in a deep breath, she hated that she had to fight her friends but nothing could be done about it now. 

Keira stood in the shadows next to Natasha, both watching as Steve ran out towards a chopper that was stationed on the tarmac. He didn't get far. as one of Tony's electro-disablers quickly prevented the chopper or the Captain from going any further. 

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony asked Rhodes, as the two of them descended. 

"Definitely weird."

"Hear me out, Tony." Steve tried to explain. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

"Captain," T'Challa leaped over a truck before greeting Steve.

"Your highness," Steve replied respectfully. 

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony continued. 

"You got the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew. Your war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him!" Steve explained. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

Natasha nodded slightly at Keira, as the two of them walked behind Steve. 

"Steve. . . You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

"Come on, Steve," Keira pleaded, praying this wouldn't end in a fight. 

"All right. I've run out of patience." Tony stated. "Underoos!"

Keira watched like a proud mother as their newest recruit flipped out, trapping Steve's hands together and stealing his shield in one rapid movement.  

"Nice job, kid." Tony praised, clearly as proud as Keira was. 

"Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit. . . Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's--it's perfect. Thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation."

"Okay. Cap. . . Captain. Big fan, I'm Spider-Man."

"You've been busy," Steve stated. 

"And you've been a complete idiot." Tony countered.  "Dragging in Clint. . . Forcing Aquila and Natasha to go against each other. . . 'Rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place."

"I'm trying to keep. . . I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Tony said, his voice cracking slightly at the end. 

"You did that when you signed." Steve fired back. 

"Alright, we're done," Tony said. "You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us. Now! Because it's us! Or a squad of J-SOC guys. . . with no compunction about being impolite."

Everything went to shit in a matter of moments, as an arrow shot threw the air out of nowhere and sliced the webbed material binding Steve's hands. An arrow shot through the air, tearing the webbed material binding Steve's hands.

 "All right, Lang."

"Hey, guys something -" Peter started but was interrupted as he was thrown to the ground. 

"Whoa. What. . . What the hell was that?"

"I believe this is yours, Captain America," The man that had appeared out of nowhere said, returning Steve's shield.