"It's pretty!" I exclaimed surprised and he had a smug smile across his face.

Besides the card, he also got me a sweater and a pair of brand new ankle boots.

I was so surprised and I wasn't hiding it.

"Jason!" I exclaimed.

"Do you like them?" he asked carefully.

"I love them but I don't want you to spend that big amounts of money on me." I said.

"They weren't expensive." he shrugged.

"These are Michael Kors." I said.

"You deserve only the best." he shrugged.

"Did you even see what I got you? I can't give you that now!" I pouted.

"I love it, Harper!" he assured me and gave me a hug.

"Do you really?" I asked skeptically. "I really do." he reassured me and then stared at the framed selfie of us.

"Being with you now is all I could ever wish for anyway." he shrugged.

I placed the present on the sofa and crawled on his lap. I hugged him around his neck and kissed him softly.

"I love you." he breathed in my lips and I smiled. "I love you too." I replied.

I rested my forehead against his and ran my fingers through his hair.

"I need to tell you something." I said. "What?" he asked softly.

"I asked my dad when can I bring you home and he said after the holidays." I informed him and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah? I guess this is progress then." he smiled and I shrugged. "I don't know, he was saying some weird things." I said.

"Like what?"

"He said that some things will change and it won't be pretty for neither of us. When I asked him what he meant, he told me to just wait and I'll see." I said.

"I don't get it." he replied slowly.

"Yeah, me neither." I shrugged.

"Well, don't bother. He told you that you can bring me home and that's the most important thing." he said and I agreed.

"So... Do you wanna watch Frozen now?" I joked.

"No, let's watch Finding Nemo. I haven't watched it yet." he suggested.

"Okay." I replied and put the present away.

I made myself comfortable on the sofa and he turned on the TV. "Are we not gonna cuddle?" he asked while he searched for the movie.

"We are cuddling. Sort of." I said surprised.

"You'll have to come a bit closer." he said and looked at me expectantly.

"I'll fall asleep if I lie down now." I chuckled.

"I don't mind." he shrugged.

He was quite persuasive and I had to give in.

I lay down next to him and rested my head on his chest. He covered us with a blanket and played the movie.

We both fell asleep before it ended and it was already getting dark outside when I woke up from the unexpected nap.

"Jason." I called him and shook him.

"Hmm?" he groaned.

"We fell asleep." I stated and got up quickly. "What time is it?" he asked.

"I don't know but it's almost completely dark outside." I said. "I have to go." I added.

"No, stay." he said and also got up quickly and probably got a headrush since he plopped right back down.

"What?" I asked.

"Stay for the night." he said. "I'll sleep here, you can sleep in my bed." he added when he saw my shocked face.

"I'm not gonna throw you out of your room and it's too soon for a sleepover." I said. "And I don't even have my clothes or a toothbrush with me." I continued listing the excuses.

"I'll lend you my clothes." he came up with a solution.

"I don't know how else to say it but directly and in a rude way, I don't wanna spend the night here just yet, just the thought of it makes me feel uncomfortable. It's too soon." I said.

"Oh." was all he said.

"I didn't mean to sound rude, I just wanted to get straight to the point." I said and I felt bad.

"Don't worry. I'm sorry, I just don't want you to leave." he said.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I shrugged and he nodded. "Do you need a ride home?" he asked. "No, I drove myself here." I reminded him.

"Oh, right." he seemed to remember. "Do you want me to walk you to your car?" he asked.

"Sure." I shrugged and picked up the present he got me.

We put our shoes on and got dressed, then left. We took a silent ride in the elevator and then walked outside.

I unlocked the car and opened the back door to put the present in.

I turned to Jason then and he was just standing there like a lost puppy with his hands in his pockets. "Jason, are you angry?" I asked him concerned.

"No." he replied and I raised my eyebrows at him. "You sound angry." I expressed my doubts.

"I'm not. I just woke up." he shrugged. "Okay then." I said and opened the driver's door.

"I'll call you tomorrow." he said before he walked back inside.

I stood frozen in place, surprised by his leaving without a kiss or anything.
I sighed and rolled my eyes to myself.

What did I even do?