'Am I falling for Sistine?'

Time Skip

Y/N and Sistine made their way through the streets of Melromarc. The city was very beautiful, the best one they've seen. The sun was just barely over the city, signaling that nighttime was near.

"One day" Y/N mumbled lowly, Sistine looked at him.

"You say something?"

"We just have one more day that's all. Luckily for us, we can get some sleep tonight before we get you all squared away for the battle" he replied looking at his companion.

"What about you, arent you going to get any amor?" She asked while titling her head to the side

"Would if I could, but for some odd reason this world is only letting me change my clothes based on my variation I choose. Very odd nonetheless"

"Strange" Sistine replied, but she became very embarrassed when her stomach growled, very loud.

"Someone's hungry. Bet you could scarf down some of Ma's cooking right now" Y/N nonchalantly replied. He shook his head from saying the odd sentence.

"Yeah" Sistine whispered. Luckily for them, they passed by a restaurant. Y/N motioned for Sistine to follow him, but she stopped when she noticed a sign.

We don't serve Demi-Humans, it read. Sistine's breath hitched in nervousness.

"Uh, Y/N..." she whispered.

"What are you doing Sistine!? Come on!" He said with a slight annoyance in his voice. She sighed and dragged her feet across the floor. She sat in front of Y/N and hung her head low.

"What's the problem?" He asked.

"Theres a sign out there, says they dont serve Demi-Humans. I'm not a demi-human in my world, but in this world these are real ears" she wiggled her ears.

Y/N snapped his fingers to get her attention, "if they have a problem, they'll have to go through me" he reassured her. Soon their waiter came up to them, he was hesitant but he had to do his job.

"Can I start you two off with a drink?"

"Yeah, I'll take a sweet tea, what about you Sistine?"

"A water is fine with me" she replied in her normal tone.

The waiter seemed to be confused by Y/N's drink choice.

"We dont have sweet tea sir" he replied nervously. Y/N groaned, so he settled for a water instead. The waiter nodded and quickly went to get their drinks.

"I don't think he'll serve me food" Sistine said with disappointment in her voice.

"He will, or you will eat my food." Y/N replied while looking at the waiter bringing their drinks back.

"May I take your order?" He asked. He then fully noticed Sistine and her ears.

"Uhh-"

"We will take two plate lunches" Y/N sternly said. He looked at the waiter and took off his mask,

"Do we have a problem?"

"No sir, two plate lunches it is" he replied without making eye contact and writing down the order on the ticket. He then scurried away to put the order in. Y/N sighed in relief when the waiter walked away.

"I don't like doing that" Y/N huffed. Sistine gave a small smile and thanked him.

"Honestly that's very uncalled for, they should serve to anyone. I don't make the rules though" he said while looking at his mask.