6.

After last night altercation, I told Candace and Helen the truth about what was happening between Sebastian and I. They were as speechless as I was when I heard Sebastian's parents say they wanted me to marry him.

The silence dragged on longer than I anticipated so I took it upon myself to speak first, "This has to stay between us. I don't know if I am allowed to even speak about it,"

"Wait, why do you not want to marry Sebastian?" Helen asked me confused. I titled my head to the side looking at her worriedly. She is kidding right?

"I have many reasons for my rejections to the proposal. The main thing is, he still loves Madison,"

"If you agree to marry Sebastian, your mom won't have control over you..."

"...she will become the Royal Counsel's property. Who knows, they can be worse than her mom," Candace added.

I doubt moving from one authority to another was going to make a difference. Sebastian wasn't suppose to be out last night and he made it clear not everyone is prepared to be a Royal. Although I hate he doubts I can be a Princess, I rather not test it out. I am smart enough to know freedom doesn't exist in the palace.

"Seriously, what will you do if you still get forced to marry him? Your only option would be to runaway and you don't know any other place than Spain," Helen bit down on her bottom lip, worried.

I finished packing my things and sighed as I closed my bag. "Sebastian said he is going to figure something out,"

"And all of a sudden you trust the guy?" Candace said surprised. Kind of? Royal's have to keep their word and I have to believe him. Or at least I can continue to lie to myself about trusting him.

"I guess. Look, if it gets to the point where I am going to be force to marry him, I will find a way to not make it happen, even if it means running away,"

My dad promised to get me out of this and he is one of the few people I trust. If he says he is going to help me, he will. In a worst case scenario he'll know where to send me; or Sebastian can send me far away like he offered. I hope it doesn't get to that point though. Besides my controlling mother, I have a good life in Madrid— here is my home.

"Can we talk about how you got into a brawl for Sebastian?" Helen said amusedly. "I didn't think you had it in you to fight,"

I rolled my eyes, "it was you who punched the chick. Who were they anyway? They weren't Prep Haul students,"

"Possibly public school attendees?" Candace shrugged.

"Well let's hope this doesn't get circulating to any staff at school," Helen handed me her phone, playing the video of last night's fight. Fuck. "There is three others going around with different angles. If we get called in the principal's office, we are going to wish we got caught by the police,"

I cringed as I watched myself jump on top of the guy. I did say I was going to regret it. "You don't think we can get expelled right?" My mom would kill me if she found out I sneaked out of the house and got into a fight.

"Let's hope not. My parents need an excuse to send me to boarding school," Helen muttered.

♛♛♛

At first the thought of a video circulating around of last night fight didn't occur to me until Helen brought it up. As soon as I got home I texted Sebastian about what was going to happen to us if the school administration gets their hands on the video. He assured me Officer Ron was going to take care of it, however it didn't calm my nerves.