"You are the slimy bitch, Eumelia! I was in love with Allesandro, and you just stole him from me!" Vespera yelled, tears pricking her eyes.

"Stole him? He isn't something for you to own! He can make his own choices about the women he loves, and he avoided you for a reason!" Eumelia shot back.

Vespera shot a look at the black figure next to her who trapped her in a forcefield. Eumelia shot out her hands and summoned shadows, which begged and bent to her will. Eumelia was a proud shade and conjurer. The force field shattered and the two Neverseen members were thrown back. Eumelia felt a dull pain from her lower stomach and absent-mindedly put a had over it. Vespera caught the action and squinted her eyes at Eumelia. Eumelia mentally slapped her self and threw her hand back at her sides, even though the damage was done. Eumelia opened her mind to Leto or Allesandra, anybody to hear her distress.

"Pregnant..." Vespera whimpered. Her irises went small, and she threw her head back in laughter. A crazed, insane laughter hat made Eumelia step backward.

"She is fucking pregnant!" Vespera cried out, her eyes starting to bug out thanks to her crazed laughter. Even the male Neverseen member seemed to want to go Eumelia as she shriveled up in embarrassment.

"Let me do you a favor and tell you what everyone will be too scared to tell you when you tell everyone. You are going to be a terrible mother. And we both know that you weren't planning to stay with Allesandro this long. You just wanted to be secured as a spy in their ranks. You were planning on dumping him the minute you were secured in the assassin ranks. Once I found out that Allesandro was the Assassins mentore, it all clicked in my mind! And then you had to go and get pregnant!" Vespera ranted.

"Vespera," The man snapped behind her, "You said you wanted to kill her, so get on with it!"

Vespera observed Eumelia as if she were pitying a begging man.

"Ochi*, she has killed herself," Vespera pointed to Eumelia's stomach "She has killed herself by getting pregnant with that abomination."

The man stared at Eumelia as she slumped to her knees, overwhelmed with all the truth Vespera was telling her.

"We are leaving. Now." The man said, placing a hand on Vespera's shoulder. Eumelia saw them disappear in a flash of light. Eumelia placed a hand on her stomach and no longer felt the happiness she thought she felt earlier. Vespera was right, this child would kill her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She left. And all Eumelia did for him was leave a measly little note and their baby girl crying his arms. Allesandro gazed deep into his daughter's brown eyes, his very own brown eyes as if he were looking for the hidden answer to all of this. Allesandro simply sat in the deep luscious chair right next to the balcony, where the light was shifting through the white curtains, lighting up the sad scene between a father and daughter deserted by the mother. She left before they could even name her. Allesnadro decided on Amalia Hera Moretti. It is a name he loved over since he was a small boy.

 It is a name he loved over since he was a small boy

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

There was a slight breeze that ruffled his daughter's blond hair, the same color as her mother

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

There was a slight breeze that ruffled his daughter's blond hair, the same color as her mother. She had the slightest amount of freckles and was quiet in his arms, bundled up in blankets. Allesandro cradled her in his arms like she would make all the bad things go away. She used her small fingers and curled them around her father's finger. Allesandro was so numb for everything, except the little bundle in his arms.

"Brother, Filomena and I are going to take Alexios down to the farmer's market. Do you want to-" Maria stopped when she saw her brother cradling his daughter in his arms, his eyes puffy and tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Allesandro? What had happened? Where is Eumelia?" Maria asked quietly. Allesandro didn't answer and continued to curl his fingers around his daughter's small hand.

"Brother?" Maria asked getting her brother's attention. He glanced at her slowly and gave her a dead look.

"Where is Eumelia?" Maria asked again, already suspecting what had happened. She had warned her brother that the woman was trouble, but she never suspected anything like this. Allesandro's look gave her a silent answer as he sobbed and cradled Amalia closer to his chest. Maria felt her eyes get glassy and covered her mouth in shock.

"Brother, oh gods brother..." Maria gasped, rushing over and wrapping her arms around Allesandro and her niece. Allesandro sobbed into her shoulder, the very few times he ever cried. They stayed there for what felt like forever, Filomena and Alexios, Maria's newly born son born only two months after Amalia, came to check on them about the farmers market but Maria hushed them away.

"We can do this Allesandro. I am still lactating after Alexios, I can feed her until she can move on from breast milk. But she is your baby girl, it is up to you." Maria said quietly. Every time Allesandro glanced at Amalia in his arms, he saw Eumelia. But he also saw himself, his determination, his kindness, his laugh. He saw himself in Amalia, and to hell if he was going to ever let go of her again. But that still doesn't take away the sting of losing someone you thought you were going to spend your life with.

"She will be fine, she is a strong *passerota. But I still may need some time, Maria." Allesandro said with a quiet voice. His voice was deflated, and his eyes bellowed with sadness, but not when he glanced into his daughter's eyes. Whenever he saw her, he felt hope and determination. He was going to raise her to be the best of whatever she wishes. Maria nodded in understanding and left her brother, one glance at him in worry before leaving him to cradle his baby girl in the sunlight of his balcony window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ochi- No

Passerota- Little Sparrow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, Eumelia wasn't who we thought she was! I am sure you have all figured out who Amalia is by now aswell.

Anyway, remember to vote, comment, share, and be awesome!

_Sibylline_