"You've been hanging out with Dylan? Like without us?" Sam kind of laughed at the idea and I knew that if I wanted it to seem believable I had to get defensive.

If Hero wanted to play games, a game is what's he going to get.

"Why'd you say it like that?" The attitude in my tone took him by surprise.

"I don't know I guess I never picked him as your type?" His response came out sounding more like a question.

I knew Hero was angry.

"Why? He's smart, cute... funny. Great in bed."

Sam's eyes nearly popped out of his head, Shane's rolled and Hero's had almost disappeared from the glare he was giving me.

"WHAT?" Sam yelled out. "When did you.. why did.. YOU HAD SEX WITH DYLAN?"

"Yea, you had sex with Dylan but you won't hook up with Sam already?"

Shane was shocked at his question. None of us brought up Sam and I ever being anything more than friends. Hero was just hitting below the belt.

"Just a good lay, right?" I recalled the first thing that he had practically ever said to me.

Shane was the first to speak after everything had been hashed out in the most brutal of ways, he was always better at clearing the air.

"We're gonna be late meeting your cousin if we don't leave now." He was speaking to Sam, but Hero was the only one who responded by walking out of the room.

"I guess I'm gonna wait in the car." He mumbled before following behind their dickhead of a friend.

I can't believe I even fathomed up this idea of liking him. I can't believe I had kissed him.

"I don't know how you're friends with him."

"I don't know how you slept with Dylan."

I knew Sam's feelings were hurt and it only made me feel bad that the whole thing was a lie. But I couldn't tell him that this one white lie was only to cover up an even bigger one that would only make him even more upset with me.

"It didn't mean anything if that makes you feel any better." I said the words I thought he'd want to hear. But he did the annoyed chuckle he gets when I typically feed him a load of shit.

"That only makes me feel worse."

"Don't try and make this about us, Sam." I looked up to finally meet his eyes, afraid I might crack under his intimidation.

He said nothing else, he only continued to look at me.

"What? Are you going to say something?"

"You deserve better. That's all I'm ever going to say, Emerson."

So do you, I want to scream. He constantly wastes his time worrying about me and the shitty guys that I waste my own time on. Sam deserves someone so much better than me, someone like himself.

A person who can love others the way he does, wholeheartedly no matter what.

"I'll call you if I get too drunk." His voice was noticeably weaker than the seconds before and my heart started to hurt in my chest.

He feels the same way about me that the dumb part of me feels about Max. You've invested so much time into someone that you can't help but hope that you'll get to have all of them one day. But instead you get bits and pieces of the person that you've conjured up in your head when they want to show their face, wether it's months or years apart. You never lose the hope of being happy at some point, even when it's destroying you while you wait.

About You {hero fiennes tiffin}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara