seventeen - male species

Start from the beginning

"Remember don't do drugs and don't drink too much and no canoodling with the male species!" My dad yells as I attempt to struggle out of the door, before quickly slamming it shut and allowing the cold wind to hit against my revealed skin. 

Why don't I have normal parents?

-

As I arrive inside of the familiar house, after seeming like forever of trying to help my mom take a selfie of the two of us before I went inside, I instantly regretted turning up. There just seemed to be people everywhere and I had no idea where I was meant to walk - as if walking in these heels wasn't already hard enough for me. Plus, the deafening sound of Christmas songs getting played over loudly in the background was also a drag.

I spot Jasmine and her friends in the corner of my eye as I quickly rush passed them, not feeling in the mood to talk to them right now. Perhaps I would be ready to talk to them after several shots of vodka, because Lord knows I was going to need to be pretty drunk to want to spend my time around not just the male species - but any human being.

"Lacey?" I hear my name called as I quickly turn around to see Luke strolling towards me. He looks to me with curiosity as he scans me from head to toe. I began to feel my cheeks burn red as I felt like he wasn't too keen on the dress, I was only here for him after all.

"It's horrible, isn't it?" I sigh, running a hand through my curled hair. Luke looks to my eyes slowly and shakes his head, a wide grin spreading across his lips.

"No, you look...woah," He smiles, pulling me into a long hug. I couldn't say he looked to bad himself, considering he was wearing his usual black jeans and quiffed hair - the white button up shirt went incredibly well along with them. He smelt pretty great too, almost as if his scent was comforting enough for me not to want to leave.

"Thanks, you look pretty woah too." I smile to him, pulling away from the hug.

"Well you look even woah-er...er." Luke nervously chuckles, shoving his hands into his pockets.

I pucker my lips together as I try to escape the awkwardness of the conversation, as I wondered what to say next as I browse the room for somewhere else to go. "Right, well I'm going to go and-"

"Actually, I did want to talk to you about something."

I feel my heart begin to race once again, wondering if Luke was going to call everything off again even after I reassured him that yesterday was just some sort of performance. I'd be lying if I said that mine and Ashton's little 'act' yesterday hadn't been on my mind since it happened, but I honestly do like Luke and the last thing I want to do is hurt anyone.

"Oh," I gulp.

I hear Luke begin to mumble something about us knowing each other for a while now, although my focus seems to be lost when I spot Ashton in the corner of the room talking to some girl. He looked insanely good, though. He was wearing his black fitted jeans and a tight black button up shirt - making his arms look great. I couldn't help but notice that something was different about how he was interacting with this girl and he looked genuinely happy. Like, he was grinning like a school boy at whatever she was saying. Well, fuck.

"-so will you?" Luke finishes whatever he has said, snapping me out of my trance as I look back to him again as he turns a deep shade of pink.

"Huh? Oh, sure."

"That's great, I'll go tell Ashton." Luke smiles to me, leaning forward and pressing a kiss to my cheek. I quickly awaken from my day dream and look to Luke feeling confused.