Xiong Chu continued, "It's just that there were three Elders that objected your admittance into the inner courtyard."

There were Ten Elders in the inner courtyard. Three of them disagreeing meant Huang Xiaolong wasn't eligible to enter the inner courtyard because the rules required a vote of nine.

"Oh, three Elders?" Huang Xiaolong was nonchalant to this fact. To him, the inner courtyard didn't matter at all. The only benefit was that there were slightly more cultivation resources allocated compared to the normal Third Years, such as Spirit Dan allocation, rewards, and other benefits. However, these Grade Three and Grade Four Spirit Dan cannot compare to the Fire Dragon Pearl from the Linglong Treasure Pagoda.

Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu exchanged a vexed look seeing Huang Xiaolong's expression. It seemed this little guy really isn't interested in the inner courtyard. One must know that entering the inner courtyard was every student's dream! The goal they strived for when entering the Academy!

"The three Elders' excuse for objecting to your admittance was that all inner courtyard disciples had to reach Tenth Order, whereas you are still a Ninth Order." Sun Zhang explained.

"Oh right, the three of them have quite a deep connection with Prime Minister Wu Feng." Xiong Chu added. Prime Minister Wu Feng and Marshal Haotian had some conflict between them; thus, in Xiong Chu's opinion, the main reason these three Elders disagreed with Huang Xiaolong entering the inner courtyard was likely due to Prime Minister Wu Feng's handiwork in the dark. As for claiming Huang Xiaolong was not a Tenth Order warrior... that being the basis for the rejection was just an excuse.

"Prime Minister Wu Feng!" A sharp glint shone in Huang Xiaolong's eyes as he repeated the name. Again, it is Prime Minister Wu Feng.

In recent days, this Prime Minister Wu Feng seemed to be looking for trouble with him at every corner!

All of these incidents were just because of Marshal Haotian?

Or perhaps, things weren't as simple as he thought.

A short while later, Sun Zhang and Xiong Chu left Tianxuan Mansion, but before they went off, Huang Xiaolong asked the names of the three Elders.

Xie Wei! Jiang Hengyu! Cheng Fengli!

These were the names of the three inner courtyard Elders.

Committing these names to memory, Huang Xiaolong activated the God Binding Ring and entered the ancient battlefield to practice. Some months had passed since he had a breakthrough to peak mid-Tenth Order, so he felt the breakthrough to late-Tenth Order was near.

And there were four more months until the Academy's end of the year annual competition, and Huang Xiaolong had decided to advance into late-Tenth Order as fast as he could in order to grasp the Academy overall championship in his hands! After acquiring the championship, the next step would be participating in the Duanren Empire's Battle of Imperial City!

Initially, Huang Xiaolong's plan was to break into Xiantian realm next year before taking the overall championship. This way, participating in the Duanren Empire's Battle of Imperial City would leave him with a better foothold in the competition. Now, however, he changed his mind.

He must enter Duanren Institute as soon as possible, and then get a hold of and refine the number four Heavenly Treasure: Absolute Soul Pearl!

Huang Xiaolong sat cross-legged in the ancient battlefield, running Asura Tactics as he devoured the netherworld spiritual energy that fell like tidal waves from the void.

The twin black and blue dragons hovered behind Huang Xiaolong, and the dozen plus meter length of their bodies sparkled as each of the dragon's scales grew thicker and denser.