"I want one," Onyx moaned longingly.

"But don't you have a Nimbus Two Thousand and One?" asked a familiar voice. They turned to see Lucius Malfoy and Draco coming towards them.

"Drake!" Onyx cried with delight.

"Hi, Draco," said Harry.

"Drakey," Ruby smirked. Topaz chuckled, and Edward rolled his eyes.

"Rube," Draco smirked back.

"Don't call me 'Rube!'"

"Don't call me 'Drakey,'" Draco returned.

"Ah," said Lucius Malfoy, sneering. "If it isn't Potter and his friends."

"Father," Draco said exasperatedly. "I'm his friend, too."

"Mr. Malfoy," Edward said in a smooth, calm tone, "can Draco shop with us? I'm sure you have other things to do. We can meet back here when he's done getting his school things."

Lucius paled slightly. He glanced at Draco, then said, "Very well. Draco, I'll meet you at Twilfit and Tattings in an hour."

"Yes, Father," said Draco, nodding. Lucius Malfoy swept off. Edward saw with slight irritation that he was heading down Knockturn Alley.

"What's he doing down there?" Onyx frowned.

"None of our business," Edward responded. "How are you, Draco?"

"Good." Draco glanced away, and Edward raised an eyebrow. Draco sighed. "Well, my summer wasn't actually that great -- Dad's furious since he found out I'm friends with a Muggleborn -- but it's better now that you're here." He grinned at Ruby and Onyx, who snickered.

"What new classes are you taking this year?" Edward asked as they all walked down to the bookshop.

"I asked Snape -- Professor Snape what classes you were taking," Draco said to Edward and Onyx, "so we could have the same classes. I didn't want to take Ancient Runes, though-" Edward smirked "-so I just decided to take Care of Magical Creatures and Divination."

----------------

They didn't see Ron and Hermione until the last day of the holidays. Ruby, Onyx, and Harry had insisted they get one last look at the Firebolt, and dragged Edward and Topaz to Quality Quidditch Supplies. They were just discussing where to have lunch when they heard someone yell.

"Harry! Ed!"

"Ruby!"

Ron and Hermione were running towards them. Ron was twice as freckly as he had been, and Hermione was very tanned, but they were both beaming.

"Hermy!" Ruby squealed, and the two girls hugged while Ron thumped Onyx, then Harry on the shoulder.

"'Hermy?'" Topaz asked dryly.

"What?"

"Finally. We went to the Leaky Cauldron," said Ron, "but they'd said you'd left, and we went to Flourish and Blotts, and Madam Malkin's, and-"

"We got all our stuff last week," Onyx interrupted.

"And how come you knew we're staying at the Leaky Cauldron?" Ruby demanded.

"Dad and Remus Lupin," said Ron.

"Did you really blow up your aunt, Harry?" Hermione asked severely. Topaz looked startled and then stern.

"First of all, she wasn't really Harry's aunt," said Edward as Ruby, Onyx, and Ron roared with laughter. "Secondly, he wasn't in control of his magic. You try keeping control of your magic when there's a woman at your house who's been horrible to you for two weeks."