chapter..... 1

Chapter edited by Tegan_ Jayne ...she is so amazing

Julius

The days had grown old as the trees reduced in their numbers. The oceans were now polluted as the earth began to shed her tears. Humanity had always been blinded by their greed and selfishness, causing them not to see the need the earth craved from them. They were a race that was quickly headed for an inevitable downfall, as those in heaven were patiently awaiting the soon downfall of earth.

As I looked around I knew it wouldn’t be long until heaven came for me, but yet as the thought came to me I couldn’t help but feel something worse than heavens wrath was in store. What could be worse than heavens wrath? Surly nothing could measure heavens anger.

It had been a thousand and fifty years since I began to hide in the shadows. Some of those that called earth home that lingered in the shadows of the underworld, become my friends of mine. I had been able to make money from their help, but my heart was burdened with what heaven had in store for me. I had defied them and indeed I would be punished for my actions.

As I found myself dwelling on all the wrongful things I had done, the sound of someone knocking on the study door had my thoughts halting. “Come in.” I rarely had visitors, except for some creatures of the night.

Poking his head around the door, I found an older male gazing back at me. “Sir, There are some students who say they would like to meet you.” Came his warm spoken voice. “I could send them away if you like? I already told them you were busy but they were very persistent.”

With an irritated sigh, I lowered my gaze. It had been a while since I had young humans snooping around my property. They could only be one reason for their visit. Either they were tourists who say my house is an attraction, or they were students who wanted to conduct research on my house. Never would I allow any of that.

“Sir Julius, should I send them away? I can give them an excuse if you like.” Lifting my gaze back to Ben, a small frown settled on my face.  Something told me Ben wouldn’t like to send these students away. If he wanted he could have easily done so without asking me.

“Send them in… make sure they don’t wander around though.” With a flick of my hand, I gazed back down at the paper in front of me.  A small ‘Yes Sir’ was heard before the soft click of the door caught my ears. Gazing down at the files on my desk, I felt my stomach rumble in anger. Too busy with so many thoughts, I had forgotten to eat breakfast. Not that I was really necessary for a being like me to eat, but still found pleasure in savouring the magnificent flavours earths food had to offer. At least I had a love for one thing on this dismal planet.

As I began to decide on either eating or filling the void with some coffee, another soft knock was heard on the oak wooden door. It sounded almost as if the person on the other side was too afraid to knock properly.

With another annoyed sigh, I leant back in my chair. “Come in and make it fast would you.” Glancing down at the files, I continued. “I don’t have all day for some unimportant questions asked by some college student…” Leaning my elbows on my desk the sound of the old oak door creaking, had my gaze shifting to the intruder. Who I saw standing in front of me was definitely not someone was expecting to see.

Chapter edited by: Tegan_Jayne

Hi guys this is my first story on watt pad and I hope you like it

Tap the star😉