chapter 3

Somewhere in London

I just got off that stuffy plane and made a promise to god to never step foot on one ever again. Safeguard my sanity. I took a limo which was waiting for me courtesy of my sweet grandmother to Richston Academy and finally i'm here. It has huge ornate gates and a mansion like building in the centre with castle like towers surrounding it. It gave off a aristocratic vibe and looked down at you. The driver drove to the end of the driveway and opened her door for her. She got out in her sports bra, jacket and leggings with a pair of sunglasses. She pulled her hand-carry with her as her luggage and car would arrive in a couple of days as she entered. Everyone turned to look at her as she entered and started whispering "OMG, is that Alaska Archibald?" and "What is she doing here"... if only they knew she thought and "Fuck me , she's so hot!!!". Alaska could feel the jealousy, curiosity, praise as she walked towards the front office without giving the other students a glance.

Alaska ignored the sneers and curses from the jealous girls and walked into an office in the front with dim lighting from a chandelier. She saw that all the students were wearing designer and were sitting around expensive cars, fro red porsches to Aston Martin's. Alaska couldn't wait until her baby was going to get here, her car was a custom made bugatti... a one of a kind car that she helped in designing when she was having a sports car phase in her life.

Alaska Archibald's POV

I walked to the lady sitting in the front desk. She was wearing prim formal attire which consisted of a white shirt buttoned all the way with a pencil skirt and plain blazer, her hair was pulled back into a bun with no loose strands which was straining her forehead. I winced looking at how painful it looked.

"And how may I help you?" She peered up at me, craning her neck to look up.
"I just got here from New York...I'm new" I clarified, pushing up my designer sunglasses into my hair

"You're new? Can I get your name?"

I pursed my lips before inhaling through my nose "Alaska."

"Can I get a last name?" She said unimpressed.

I gave another sigh "Archibald." I said

Her eyes widened " Archibald?"

I tried to refrain from rolling my eyes from annoyance "Yes. my grandfather's secretary has emailed you my admission forms. The headmistress has said I start school tomorrow."

"Uh-hh-mm sorry Ms. Archibald. P-please, please the headmistress has been waiting for your arrival all morning."

Alaska lifted an inch of her eyebrow. For the efficient woman to stutter upon hearing her name in a school full of snobs meant that Robert Archibald must have made quite a huge sized donation for them to admit his spoilt rebellious heiress into this proper institution. The woman must know the power and wealth of her family in America and maybe Russia. At the thought of Russia, Alaska couldn't stop thinking about her maternal russian grandparents, she hadn't visited them in quite a while...she should probably go there soon. She missed them and their country, quite literally as they were Russian royalty. A knock and a distinct "come in" on the other side of the door broke Alaska away from her thoughts and she entered the other office.

A woman dressed regally that made Alaska remember her grandmother back in New York greeted her with a warm smile on her face as she stood and gestured Alaska to sit in the chair across her.

"Oh, Ms.Archibald. I'm glad you finally arrived." She said graciously. "Welcome to Richton Academy. I'm Mrs.Lily Silverthorne, the headmistress here,"

Taking the offered chair, Alaska spoke "It's nice to meet you but can I ask you questions?"

"Ofcourse."

Crossing her leg over the other she said "What did my grandfather offer you to accept his disobedient granddaughter into this school?"

A reluctant smile fitted the headmistresses lips "Rumors were right about you, Ms.Archibald. You are, indeed always straight to the point."

Alaska gave her a fake smile which the headmistress must have seen through "So, what did he offer you?"

"I believe that's between Mr.Archibald and myself Ms.Archibald, I hope you understand that." Alaska was annoyed at her.

"Well then I will not press this matter anymore, may I know more about my living arrangements here?"

The headmistress look pleased with the change in topic "Yes, your grandmother asked for a double floor plan and has already sent a decorator and your luggage. It's all been made up and is waiting for you. All the renovations were made last week according to her requests." she answered.

Alaska stood from her chair "Well then, I will be leaving then headmistress."

"I hope you will enjoy your time here Ms.Archibald, my assistant will show you to your room now."

"Good Day Headmistress." Alaska adopted the voice of a proper lady she detested. She had no problem playing the wild heiress to perfection, but she just realized that playing the cultured girl will be harder than she thought.

She just prayed she can avoid trouble for one long year.