98

old crush: "Late shifts always make my body feel numb."

y/n: "Me, too. It's because we're sitting for long hours. They should give everyone 15 minute breaks for walking."

old crush: (laughs) "Look at you, being health conscious."

y/n: "I mean, I'm not getting any younger, am I? I should take care of myself more. I'm trying to lately."

old crush: "Of course. Where did you park?"

y/n: "Over there."

old crush: "My car is next to yours."

y/n: (side eye) "Are you stalking me?"

old crush: (snorts) "You wish."

y/n: (laughs) "Maybe the old me used to."

old crush: (clears throat) "I've been meaning to ask you about that."

y/n: "About what?"

old crush: "Um... well, you. And me. Before. In high school."

y/n: "Oh. What about us?"

old crush: "I mean... you know, right?"

y/n: "...know what?"

old crush: (stops walking) "I used to like you. In high school. For a couple years, actually."

y/n: "You... you did?"

old crush: "Yeah." (scratches back of neck nervously) "I wanted to tell you our senior year, but I chickened out."

y/n: "You did?"

old crush: "I did."

y/n: "Why?"

old crush: "Why did you I like you?"

y/n: "No, why did you chicken out?"

old crush: "Well, I thought you didn't like me like that. But you did?"

y/n: "I did."

old crush: (leans in)

y/n: (steps back) "Woah, [old crush]. Wait."

old crush: "Sorry."

y/n: "No , I'm... I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't have said that. Look, I did like you before... but that was in high school. I have a boyfriend now."

old crush: "A boyfriend."

y/n: "Yes. Why are you saying it like that?"

old crush: "Well, I've never seen this boyfriend of yours before."

y/n: "It's a long distance relationship."

old crush: "Where is he from?"

y/n: "South Korea."

old crush: "South Korea? y/n... do you know the statistics of long distance relationships actually working out? It's 58 percent. It's practically a coin flip."

y/n: "You don't even know anything about us. What we've talked about, how much we try to constantly keep in touch besides our busy schedules and the time difference--"

old crush: "Exactly! Do you hear yourself? There's too much standing in between the both of you. For all you know, he could be messing around with some other girl in South Korea right now."

y/n: (slap)

(silence)

y/n: "Shut up. How dare you. Soobin is not like that. I can't believe you would say things like that to me considering you know everything I'm going through right now. I thought we could be normal friends again, but I was... I was fucking wrong. I trust Soobin. In fact, he's probably one of the only people I trust right now, aside from my best friend."

old crush: "y/n--"

y/n: "Don't say another word and don't talk to me anymore. Or text me. Just leave me the fuck alone."