Secrets And Plans

Start from the beginning

"I wish we could live obliviously and not have to worry." Jennie nibbled on her lower lip. The two of them had started moving towards the front door now and it wasn't until they had reached the Mercedes did Jennie realize she had left her bag in the car. "But then that would mean that everyone else would have to be blind as well."

"Indeed it does." Jisoo sighed as she slid into the driver's seat of the vehicle. She then proceeded to fasten her seat belt and start up the Mercedes before pulling out of the driveway and onto the paved street.

"Do you regret it?" The blonde finally asked after a few moments of silence.

"Regret what?"

"Liking me." The blonde said quietly. "I know it's been like, what, one day? Well, since we confessed to each other... But... What I mean is that do you regret liking me because you could be liking someone else that wouldn't be so off limits to you? You could be liking someone that you could go on real dates with to real places instead of having to hide. You could actually have a chance if... I don't want to take your happiness away by forcing you to conceal your feelings so the outside world wouldn't know of them."

"Jennie, please..." The brunette's words were nearly caught in her throat.

She didn't know where that came from. Jennie seriously should never speak again. Her words were nothing but a lovely mix of verbal diarrhea that just would not stop coming out, no matter how hard she had willed it to stay in. It was inevitable.

"No," Jisoo finally said again, finding new strength in her voice. "I do not regret liking you. I will never regret it. For the kindness and consideration that you have given me throughout these months and the patience that you have... Everything that you've given me is special and I would not take back a single moment, even if it meant that I would be able to have a public relationship." The older woman glanced over to Jennie, tears in her dark eyes. "I don't care about the harsh details of what we have here. I'd rather have to hide and have secret dates at home than have to lose you. Jennie... It terrifies me how much you mean to me. It truly does and I don't know what the hell is going on. But what I do know is that I will never regret a single moment spent with you."

Now, Jennie usually never got emotional- especially over such simple words- but here she was now with tears streaking down her cheeks. And it was right then, in that moment that Jennie knew what love had felt like. It was quite strange to say that, and perhaps it wasn't a romantic love that she was feeling, but the feelings and emotions welling up inside of the blonde were just too much to handle. So the excess seemed to have decided to escape through her eyes.

What a bother.

It wasn't until they had pulled over at the side of the road in front of the Im's apartment building did Jennie lean over and do that very thing that she so rarely expressed. She hugged Jisoo as tightly as she could, raw emotion falling at a rapid pace down her cheeks. When she felt arms take her petite form into them, a sob had wracked her body, sending it into minor convulsions.

"Oh, honey..." she heard a soft whisper above her, but she was unable to talk. Instead, Jennie tilted her head up from the spot on Jisoo's shoulder and moved to kiss the older woman. It was nothing but light and sweet, all but a mere form of gratitude. And, perhaps, it had been more, but Jennie didn't want to travel down whatever path that was. Instead, she basked in the moment, enjoying the tiny sparks causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand up and the way that Jisoo had so tenderly returned the kiss, her plump lips moving slowly against the blonde's pale ones as if she were trying to freeze time.

Jennie knew that was something that she very well wanted. She didn't want to pull away, and she showed just that by clutching tighter onto the brunette's arms. But then she was shoved back, not forcefully, but enough to pierce the blonde's heart.