Epilogue

"Harry! Oi! You home?!" Ron's voice rang through Harry's apartment.

"Floo call," Draco said, throwing a tea towel at Harry.

Harry nodded, drying his hands and popping a bit of carrot in his mouth as he hurried to the main room.

Ron's called behind him, muffling his words, "Mione, I thought you said this was the right time?"

"It is," Hermione said, her voice distant.

Harry knelt in front of the small fireplace, "Keep your pants on, I was in the kitchen."

"Your kitchen is like ten feet away, mate," Ron said.

"Good to see you too, Ron. Been an age. Missed you and all that," Harry said sarcastically.

Ron rolled his eyes, "Yeah, that too."

"Hi, Harry!" Hermione called from what sounded like the other side of the room.

"Hullo, Hermione. I was making dinner, what's up?" Harry said, "How are you both doing?"

Ron smiled hugely, "We're moving back!"

"Really?! Brilliant!" Harry crowed.

"I mean, the fix isn't perfect but-" Ron said.

"They remember her now? That's the important thing," Harry said.

Ron nodded, "They have a few blank spots but we've done everything we can, Hermione wants to get back in time to go back to Hogwarts for her NEWTs, so we're gonna move back august at the latest."

"August!? You can do the training with me!" Harry said.

Ron frowned at him, "We got a free pass from Kingsley on all that-"

"Harry, you want me to bring me your tea?" Draco called from the kitchen.

"That'd be brilliant," Harry said back.

"Oh, you have someone over?" Ron said.

Hermione hurried over, half her face appearing beside Ron's, "Did we interrupt your date? I didn't know you were seeing someone!"

"It was a bloke's voice, sounded kinda familiar," Ron said.

Hermione nudged Ron, "He could be dating a bloke."

"Well, I doubt it's Wood or Krum, and it can't be Cedric so-"

Hermione nudged him harder, "Don't be insensitive!"

"Says you! Did we interrupt your date?" Ron mimicked, "Really subtle."

"Did you fancy, Krum?" Draco asked as he walked around the couch, two mugs in his hands.

Harry shrugged, "Maybe? I wasn't really aware of blokes then."

"You were plenty aware," Ron said.

"And you weren't?" Harry shot back.

Hermione giggled.

"That was- I just admired him!" Ron protested.

Hermione laughed, "Admired him very intently."

Draco rolled his eyes, "Put down a pillow for me, would you?"

Harry grabbed a pillow off the couch and dropped it next to him. "You sure?"

"The looks on their faces will keep me warm on cold nights," Draco said, handing Harry his tea.

Harry took a gulp of tea. "That's my job, isn't it?" he said.

"Not when you get up at seven in the bloody morning," Draco muttered putting his cup on the floor, and nudging the pillow right next to Harry's before sitting down.

Ron blinked, "That looks an awful lot like Draco Malfoy."

"So kind of you to remember me," Draco said, leaning against Harry.

Hermione leaned in a little closer, her expression carefully neutral, "Hello, Malfoy."

"Hello Granger," Draco said politely, a pleased little smile on his face.

"How did you and Harry become friendly?" Hermione asked.

Draco's smile widened ever so slightly, "He came to arrest me."

"I did not!" Harry protested, "I came to give you a warning."

Draco shrugged, "Mine's a better story."

"Mine's true," Harry said.

"You came to arrest me the second time," Draco said.

Harry narrowed his eyes, "No. I came to investigate a report that turned out to false."

Draco sighed hugely, "Merlin, you're boring."

"Oh, so you're friends then," Ron said, "...having dinner at Harry's flat. Is it a party? Are Luna and Nev there? I haven't seen them for ages."

Hermione looked at Ron flatly, "Really, Ron?"

"I recently moved into the same building," Draco said, "A flat opened up just when I was looking to move."

"So you're neighbours!" Ron said with palpable relief, "And neighbours sometimes come over for dinner!"

"Most of the time actually," Draco said, "and then afterwards we fuc-"

Harry hand moved before his mind had caught up, smacking over Draco's mouth, "THAT'S- They do not need to know that."

Draco pulled Harry's hand away, grabbed his face and kissed him. "There," he grinned, "Mystery solved, Weasley."

"Draco-" Harry sighed.

Draco took a moment to enjoy the blank expression on Ron's face and then hopped to his feet and headed back to the kitchen, "I am going to finish chopping the carrots and spring onions so we can actually eat at some point tonight."

"Alright, I won't be long," Harry said shaking his head.

"You and Malfoy are dating then," Hermione said.

Harry ran his hand through his hair, "Yeah, couple months now."

"Of all the blokes you stared at in school, why'd it have to be him?" Ron groaned.

Hermione ignored Ron, "And you like him?"

"A bit more than like," Harry said.

Ron melodramatically collapsed off to the side of the fireplace, his voice faint, "I have to be nice to him now? Bloody Draco Malfoy-"

"That's what you're worried about?" Hermione asked, "Being civil?"

A loud groan answered her question.

Hermione moved over to fill the empty space and rolled her eyes, "He'll get over it."

"Will you?" Harry asked because he knew for all she seemed unbothered, Hermione had more reason to be upset than Ron.

Hermione took a deep breath and clapped her hands on her knees, "I am perfectly fine! And if there is some sort of problem we can sort out between us once we get back."

"Thanks, Hermione," Harry said.

Hermione nodded, "We'll be back in two to three weeks."

Harry added, "Tell Ron to sign up for auror training unless he wants to be a glorified errand boy."

"A glorified errand boy?" Hermione repeated.

"I'll tell you everything once you get back. It's been interesting," Harry said glancing over at the kitchen and Draco, humming to himself as he worked, "But I wouldn't trade it for anything."

.

.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading, I really enjoyed writing this little story and I hope you liked it too♡