The Ghastly Murders on Whitechapel Street

Začať od začiatku

"How am I suppose to get home, there's no reception, my dogs going to die of hung--"

"Now, now quit your yappin' looks like you're going to be stuck with little old me for a while. Why don't we discuss this over with some tea?"

Alastor's expression shifted from annoyance to pure content. He hailed a carriage and escorted her in.

"How can I trust you?" Theophelia was too skeptical of trusting a stranger.

"Dear, if I wanted to hurt anybody.... I would have done so already." Alastor's voice turned menacing.

"If that's what you are thinking about." he shifted back to his normal tone.

"I'm here, because I want to help."

Alastor held out his hand for Theophelia, and she decided that it was for the best. Rather than roaming around the streets clueless as mouse, she took her chances.While waiting for the ride to Alastor's home. Theophilia was uncomfortable in her seat, overwhelmed by the reality she was facing.

"My lady, are you alright? You've been fumbling around with that doohickey of yours." Alastor asked, tone filled with concern.

"Theophelia, that's my name, stop calling me my lady."

"Theophelia.... that names sounds familiar." Alastor fell back into his seat. 

He averted his gaze towards the window upon hearing that name. He shrugged of the feeling and went on with conversing with her. 

"It suits a bit o' raspberry like you."

"So, Mr. Ides, where are we going?"

"To Spitalfields, it's quite nearby. We'll get there in no time"

Spitalfields rang a bell for Theophelia, but she couldn't point out why it bothered her. A few minutes later, the carriage took a halt. Theophelia looked through the carriage's window and was awestruck. A  huge, classic two-story house appeared before her. At the front of it  had a beautiful gardened maze and trimmed topiaries of various animals.

Alastor escorted her out of the carriage and into his home. Theophelia marveled at the sight. The furniture looked elegant and kept. She seated on the plush sofa and felt the luxury of velvet cloth through her hand. As Ophelia gawked at the living room. Alastor made his way into the kitchen to prepare some tea for his guest. It stated to turn really quiet so she decided to call him.

"In the kitchen." he said in amusement. She followed the sound of his voice and stumbled in the kitchen. She sat on a nearby stool and watched him prepare their drink.

"Do you live here all alone?" Theophelia suddenly interjected.

"Yes, I do quite enjoy the solemn silence and the comforts of having this house all to myself." Alastor's gaze never turned away from pouring the tea into the kettle.