A muscular hand gently wrapped around her waist, lifting her up. She found the strength to look up and met the eyes of Junk Master. "...Teacher..." She quietly acknowledged, her body leaning into his for support. The man simply nodded at her, too enraged to speak.

Just when she thought the tables had turned, Ayano felt her throat burning. A black goo rose from inside her and encompassed her entire body. In the very next moment, she was transferred to another place.

She coughed desperately, trying to rid herself of the black slime as Bakugou appeared next to her in the same fashion. "Apologies...Bakugou, Sasaki." Ayano felt shivers go down her back. This villain was clearly different from the rest.

She realized just how different when he repelled All Might with his bare hands. They continued to fight as the other villains closed in on both Bakugou and Ayano.

"My legs...they feel so heavy." Ayano thought as she frantically tried fighting off the villains with Bakugou's help.

There was no time for weakness.

She knew that, as long as her and Bakugou were there, All Might would never be able to fight to his fullest.

Even so, the task was much harder said than done. She was most definitely not fit to fight. The villains were just as frantic, just as desperate. "Bakugou...please...buy me even just a second of time."

The blond had no time to ask for what. He simply covered for her openings. Believed in her. Trusted her.

With one hand trying to fight off the opponents, Ayano shoved her other hand down her throat to activate her gag reflex.

She regurgitated only bile since she was not fed while in captivity. Along with the bile, she produced several small disks, each no larger than a quarter. They were activated, glowing red and flying through the air.

They attached themselves to various parts of the villains' costumes and weapons, exploding upon impact. The very same parts and weapons that Ayano had designed, had helped to make. The villains were blown back, some even knocked unconscious.

It was the ultimate distraction.

All Might was able to land a clean hit on All For One and it gave Midoriya, Kirishima, and Iida the perfect moment to rescue Ayano and Bakugou.

"BAKUGOU! TAKE MY HAND!!!" The red-head called out. Bakugou immediately grabbed Ayano around her waist, causing her to shout in pain. Having to act quickly, he applied too much pressure to her broken ribs. He frowned upon hearing her shouts, but there was no time to hesitate. Using his quirk, they flew into the air and latched onto the trio.

"To think she still had a trick like that up her sleeve." All For One remarked, using one of his quirks to forcefully activate one of the villain's quirks.

With All Might keeping him busy, the students managed to escape. They ran to the station, Ayano resting one arm over Bakugou's shoulder and being supported by him. He still hadn't spoken to her, trying to calm his rage.

How long had she been in that place? What had they done to her?

Unfortunately, he had no time to think about that with everyone's attention on the big screen, live broadcasting the battle between All Might and All For One.

All Might's skinny, true form was put on display for everyone, casting a shadow of doubt in all their hearts. Panic settled in.

"All Might..." "Whoa, he can't really be that—?!"

"No...No, I can't bear seeing him like this!" "All Might!!"

"If you can't beat him, then who the hell can...?"

"Forget how he looks, he's still All Might, isn't he?!"

"He always comes and saves the day somehow!" "Come on, All Might! You can do it!!!" "Don't give in, All Might!!"

Ayano looked all around her. She observed the fear in every civilians' eyes, listening to their pleas for All Might's victory.

She looked at the two faces of her childhood friends. The desperation in their eyes put more fear into her than anything else today.

To her, All Might wasn't just everyone's Symbol Of Peace.

He was their Symbol Of Peace.

He was the reason why she became what she is today. Why she wanted to make support items for true heroes.

Her childhood friends, the two boys most important to her, admired him. They looked up to him since the beginning. He inspired them, drove them to pursue their dreams.

He was the very reason why all three of their paths crossed.

If even her two friends were losing hope...

The fear and panic broke through even Ayano's ultimate poker face, as she shouted with the two boys.

"WIN!!! ALL MIGHT!!!!"

The actual battle probably lasted only a few minutes, but to Ayano, Bakugou, and Midoriya, it felt like an eternity. Never knowing when it would end. Never knowing how it would end. Never knowing who could slip up even the slightest bit.

Ayano finally let out the breath she had been holding when All For One laid completely still on the ground, All Might standing above him in his true form all bloodied and ragged.

Everyone cheered for joy, thankful that this ultimate enemy was vanquished.

On the screen, All Might lifted his finger and pointed at the camera.

"You're next."

It was over.

Not the fight. Something else was over. Ayano felt it in her bones.

That statement...Those words...They didn't mean what everyone thought they meant.

It wasn't a promise to all villains. It was an end.

The end of the Symbol Of Peace.

Ayano stared at Midoriya's crying profile, thinking to herself. "...But with every end, there is a new beginning."

Still propped up by Bakugou's shoulders, she peered at his face. His calm and quiet demeanor was unsettling, instilling a new kind of fear in her.

One that she hoped she wouldn't have to face too soon.

The two of them were handed to the police for investigation and questioning, along with possible need for medical help. Seeing the live broadcasting, Ayano's parents had rushed over to Kamino where it all went down.

Upon seeing her with Bakugou and the police, completely alive, Sasaki Asuka collapsed to her knees with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"...Mother..." Ayano gently called. Her father silently helped his wife up, pulling her towards their daughter.

They latched onto their daughter, tightly wrapping their arms around her as if she would go missing again if they let go. "...Ayano...Ayano!!" Her mother called her name repeatedly, as if to ensure that the girl was really here. Her father comfortingly rubbed his hands on their backs, his own tears falling atop their heads.

"Mother...Father..." The words barely getting out from Ayano. She had wanted to apologize for worrying them so much, but the relief of seeing them safe and the relief of knowing everything was all over caused her to lose the last bit of consciousness she had.

Collapsing in their arms, her parents rushed to support her weight. Finally noticing just how damaged her daughter was and how shallowly she was breathing, Asuka panicked.

"Ayano!?? Ayano!! Ayano! Honey! You have to stay awake! AYANO!!!"