It was a PR stunt. A one year deal- I could sell to everyone how in love I am and he could sell how he's the dream leading man. We were both using each other. That was clear from the beginning. I just didn't think it would end the way it did.

We were official just a few weeks after meeting, cover of magazines and talked about by millions. The 'It' couple. I felt so dishonest but my label didn't give me a choice. 

We had to move in together- separate bedrooms of course. We might of had to pretend we were in love but I wouldn't do anything beyond hugging, holding hands and kissing with him. We went on countless dates, trips and events- anything to get photographed as a couple. All that time spent together, having a shared annoyance for what you're doing, you end up becoming friendly. And despite our forced situation, he was always sweet to me. But the thing about Daniel is his charm is an illusion.

Still, I made the mistake of falling for it. 

One thing led to another and we decided to give us a real shot- at least I did. He got me into bed embarrassingly quick. But while I was falling for him, he was still out sleeping with other girls unbeknownst to me at the time. He'd lie about where he was or who he was with. Then I'd see pictures of him with another girl in the tabloids. Anytime I'd confront him, he'd lie or tell me I'm paranoid and that the media twists everything.

Headlines quickly changed from, 'Daniel & Katherine: He's the one!' and 'Are They Engaged?' to, 'It's Over!" and 'Daniel Caught Cheating, Katherine Left Heartbroken.'

Having my private life on the cover of every magazine was devastating, but not as much as his betrayal. I ended it with him, both the PR relationship and whatever else was left between us, no longer obligated to pretend anymore since his public cheating breached our contracted anyways. Because it was never real. And I was a complete fool to ever think it was. That he could love me. That anyone ever could.

The only good takeaway from that 'relationship' was the breakup album I got to write. And I learned the importance of building trust with someone before you give all of yourself to them. 

Do I think Marshall or any other guy will be just like Daniel? Of course not. But I plan on being a lot more careful with my heart the next time around. 

I'm getting ahead of myself though. There's no way someone like Marshall would want a relationship anyways. A hookup sure, but that's not me. I shouldn't have kissed him. It's only made this whole situation ten times harder.

With thoughts of Daniel and Marshall floating through my head, I decide to give my best friend Angie a call. She was there for me with everything that happened with Daniel, so she already knows my situation.

Throwing out my muffin wrapper and taking a seat on my bed, I dial her number-one of the few I know by heart-and she answers after the third ring, "It's 3 AM, Katie

Throwing out my muffin wrapper and taking a seat on my bed, I dial her number-one of the few I know by heart-and she answers after the third ring, "It's 3 AM, Katie. This better be important."