Wake Up a Servant, Go To Bed a Free Woman and Mother

Começar do início

"And we too will watch to make sure no other in this clan feels that way either." Yotul reassured you.

"Thank you." You thanked her before you turned your attention to Ori.

"So, hello there Ori, I'm Bella, or Peaches I should say, what's going on with you Sweetheart? Why are you so fussy?" You asked as you focused completely on the little girl in your arms as you addressed her in a cooing tone as you sat down cross legged on the floor with Zorroku, Crowthu who took on YakYak's sister as Yotul happily played with Yak-Yak and the other grandkids around them. You put Ori on her back in front of you to look her over. You tested her limbs, which were way too skinny, no fat and hardly any muscle at all. Orc babies her age should have just as much fat as they did bone and muscle. She was the size of a human newborn. You didn't understand how she could be three months old and so..small. But she looked up at you and cooed to you and played with your hair which made you smile and coo right back to her. You tested her range of motion and strength which all seemed fine if not on the weak side before you pressed against her tummy a little and she screamed bloody murder.

"Wow, ok, that's some tummy troubles right there! I'm so sorry Sweetie, I didn't mean to hurt you, I really didn't. I'm just trying to see what's wrong, that's all. Please forgive me Sweetheart. But what a great set of lungs you have Munchkin! Pretty sure the whole village heard you!" You cooed to her as you picked her up again and kissed her all over to get her to calm down again which worked like a charm.

"Does she have a swaddling blanket?" You asked before Zorroku immediately handed you one of Ori's many blankets.

"Thank you." You thanked him as you took it and spread it over your crossed legs in front of you before you set Ori in it and began to swaddle her arms up tightly. The same way you had done to Grecko's children when they were fussy and wanting to be nursed by their mothers.

That seemed to settle her down some more before you took her legs and got her to do a crunch. Then the biggest and smelliest fart ever came out of that baby and she immediately stopped fussing and settled down completely. You tried and failed not to gag. Which earned snickering laugh from everyone else before you did it again and rolled her legs around and stretched them out before making her do a crunch again before a series of farts came out of her. Each one smelling worse than the last. And with every one, your heart dropped as your stomach knotted with automatic diagnosis came popping into your head. But you forced your face and voice to stay as neutral as it could because you didn't want to alert the rest of the family. And once all the bad gas had been passed Ori seemed so relieved to have it out of her and immediately stopped fussing and was cooing happily and excited at you and smiled back at you when you smiled back at her.

"Yup, figured it was bad gas huh." You cooed as you finished swaddling her up and picked her up and held her close to your face as you nuzzled your nose with hers which got her to giggle.

Zorroku and his parents were near tears seeing you take to Ori the way you had and clearly knew what you were doing as they tried to realize that with your past with your mother, that would also explain your own fear about leaving home where you didn't have Bula and her family from protecting you against other humans. Not orcs, but other humans! The ridiculousness of that was almost mind boggling.

"Has she had any medicine for her tummy? Because the gas is only part of it, there's still a bit of a problem there." You tried to ask lightly, even though you knew the problem was much more serious than you were letting on. Crowthu, Yotul, Zorroku and Arob who all shook their heads no.

"Ok, come on Ori, you Little Lady, are coming with me. And I'll make you some medicine to help you with that tummy of yours." You cooed to Ori as you found your feet and picked her up and put her on your hip before spinning around in place which got her to shriek and giggle in delight again as you laughed with her as did everyone else.