Prologue

20XX-

Long ago, Heartland would not be what it is today without the two kings.

king of peace and king of war.

Both of them brought order and prosperity within the kingdom.

That was balance out from the lasted 800 years that this kingdom has reunited with each other.

My great-great-great-grandfather has carried down this important history to their sons. So I'll compose this message for anyone in heartland's kingdom to read so our history will not be forgotten.

At the beginning of Heartland, our world was in anarchy. It was filled with mayhem and vengeance amidst the land. Our feet stand above the corpses of those who were frightened, terrified... vulnerable. 

Until Leo; The king of peace and  Tatum; the king of  War settled all of the animals in order. 

Everyone considered them and preferred them as the guide the animals on a peaceful path. 

But all the animals favoured Leo... you might guess due to the king's kindness it drove attention to all his subjects.  He was kind, wise and sometimes.... perhaps a bit naive. 

Tatum grew his hatred for his brother for every passing day. Cursing his name while Leo was aware of this, he dismissed it as a tantrum.  

till one day

Tatum had turned on his brother because he had enough of being Leo's shadow to follow. 

It sent heartland back towards the same situation when everything had occurred. 

Leo, with a pack of animals grouped up and defeated Tatum with his group of monsters. To the outskirts of the territory. 

After then Leo re-named the pack of animals that had helped him in their honour as the HLD. (Heartland defenders) 

Until then, one of the animals had a vision that a thousand years (now) 'something vile will return to the heartland and, it'll cost one to save many.' 

.

.

.

.

"Is it time?" Leo asked a smaller star-light feline lion, her starry gaze met his and nodded. she replied: "yes, the moons have been numbered moreover, Tatum has been now released from his prison..." 

Leo sighed as he looked down to the earth, looking at his kingdom down below; The moonlight covered the dens and houses and stars flew to the earth as light raindrops. "Gems are being replenished from the stars to the earth, now would be great if we have a fire gem for a new leader for the HLD." 

"Agreed.. do you think that Tatum will expect us to be prepared before he gets his paws onto heartland soil?" 

Leo replied with a soft meow. "Time will tell Azura... Time will tell. I'll tell my students they'll need to know what's happening." 

Azura gently nudged her forehead towards Leo's, catching him by surprise. He chuckled in response "Aw, come on, I promise I'm not scared about him returning. He may not be my relative, but he's still my brother." 

"Be strong Leo-" 

"Azura-"

"You're students have your knowledge on how to fight-" 

"Azura, I'll be fine. My students do not have to fight for me, This is my battle. If I die, I'll be here... with you. The stars will have to choose another leader for heartland."

Azura sighed and faded back into the abyss. just be careful, Leo