Experimental Games

Chapter Two

     "So this has to do with cupid? Great." You were exhausted, and surprisingly you couldn't feel any connection or want for Castiel nor Jimmy. "I think I'll have to opt out of this one." Castiel had worry spread across his face. "You said so yourself, the Winchesters aren't fit to do this case alone. Its risky." You ran a hand down your face. "I- I never said those exact words. Plus we dont even know why hes going after them in the first place, it's not like this is the only town hes hit- if hes even the only one."

     The Winchesters looked at you a bit offended and you prayed you could go back in time and not make any comments in the first place.

     "Al- I was just pointing out to Cas that, the two of you and your family have a record with soulmarks and if cupid is getting involved it might not be cupcakes and rainbows for the two of you." You spoke seriously. Dean scoffed, "You dont know anything about that-" You cut him off with a laugh and crossed your arms. "Every hunter knows everything about every Winchester. I mean God has been writing a gospel on you two since you were born. It's like the first thing you gotta know before you become a hunter."

     You rolled your eyes and uncrossed your hands. "I may have done a little extra research but that was during the apocalypse. I had a right to when I found out who's fault it happened to be." You didnt glare at either of them or point a finger at Sam, you just generally jabbed all three. "Let's just finish the case. I guess if were going after a rogue cupid you three need all the help you can get." The rest of the night was spent on coffee and questions. Early in the morning is when you'd strike.

     You hiked a bag over your shoulder as the boys finally rose to full awareness. "I didnt get a call from Sheriff Bradley so they haven't done the autopsy yet, there was three before this I'm assuming it's the same thing, different body. As in the other towns too." They nodded along with your words as you strolled up to your car. "You." You pointed to Castiel. "If your an angel, other birds will be able to sense you right?" Before he could answer you heard a flutter of wings behind you and the boys guns fly high.

     "Hello Winchesters." Said Cupid. "I see you've found one of the rare experiments." He motioned towards you. "I've come today to take out one of the last ones." Your eyes widened, "What-" Dean cut you off. "What experiments." He wasn't asking. You sat back silently, you hadn't known you were one of these one-in-a-million experiments until last night.

     "A human that has two soulmates, one being a human and one an angel." Cupid said flatly. "You dont do your research do you?" He motioned towards the Winchesters. "So what? What does that have to do with the girl?" You had yet to tell them your name, nor had Castiel mentioned it, passing off as Mrs. Harpling. They didnt need to know your name, after this case you'd just disappear because if the boys knew your name, then you'd die- maybe because of demons or something worse. You couldn't take that chance. "Wow your just a bucket of smart arent you?"

     You furrowed your eyebrows. "This isn't gonna work because Jimmy chose a mate before Castiel hopped his ride." Cupid shook his head. "You know you cant choose your soulmate Y/n." Your anger rose. "But you can burn your mark." The love angel clicked his tongue, then asked "Did you?" Dean shuffled at his words getting ready to yell.

     "Cas now!" Suddenly the trench coated man was behind cupid and burning its eyes out. He was breathing heavy and seemed ready to pounce if someone said a word. So of course you spoke, "Well, I better get going. You can take care of the body right?" You asked the Winchesters. Castiels hands were on your shoulders a second later, almost violently grabbing at you. "Did you burn your mark?!"

     You didnt say anything for a moment. Just stared at his blue eyes. "No." He was confused, he hadn't once felt a connection with you other then knowing the mark was the same. "Then-" He questioned himself. "Leave it be." You said softly, the Winchesters looking on the scene with mixed emotions. "Y/n, like you said there could be other cupids out there looking for you if your one of the last living souls to be bound to and angel and a human." Sam spoke slowly. "You should come back to the bunker with us." Dean nodded, and you looked past your car seeing the dew pass on the street. "Fine."