Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

I gasp, "Hey! You douche bag!" I yell as I turn around, but he's already out of sight. I turn back around and shake my head, chuckling to myself as I wipe my face with my upper arm, just wait until I get my hands on him!

Fifteen minutes later, I'm wrapped up in the middle of the bed and resting on a mountain of pillows, waiting for Damion to join me so we can watch this movie that he wants us to watch. The bathroom door then opens and Damion walks out in his typical night time attire, only his boxer briefs. He climbs in beside me and I immediately feel the warmth of his body radiating against mine as he drapes his arm around me. He's clean, fresh and he smells of body wash - oh, he smells so good.

"Comfortable?" he asks as he fixes the cushions behind us. I nod and wait for him to finish, before leaning my head on his shoulder. My hand rests on his firm chest but within moments, I'm drawing patterns in his chest with my fingertips. He presses a kiss into my hair and we lay there, our eyes fixed onto to the TV as we wait for the movie to begin.

About ten minutes into the movie, I random thought pops into my head. I lift my head to look at Damion, "What would you do if little bumpy was a girl?" I ask, rubbing my belly.

He looks down at me and arches an eyebrow, "Two women, eh? It would be a mad house."

I chuckle and rest my head back against him and I continue to massage my stomach, "You'd love it really."

"That better not happen though."

I frown and turn to look at him, "Why not? You don't have a preference do you?" I question, "These scans can sometimes be wrong. We all thought Natalie was going to be a boy and we nearly had a heart attack when she was born."

"Oh come on, Kayla, you know I don't," he says, "But I mean it will be a little inconvenient. Just think about it, we've got a blue nursery and pretty much all of the clothes are blue, we'd have to be dressing her up in blue for the first five months."

"That's true," I mumble and I lay my head back against his shoulder, "But I don't care, as long as he or she is healthy."

We continue to watch the movie in silence and I'm not sure I even understand what's happening. Damion briefly explained it to me a minute ago and I just nodded, but I still don't get it. It's one of them action movies with a really hot main character and a gorgeous girl, and I can bet they end up getting together by the end. I think I'm more interested in playing with his chest; I love lining my finger over his defined muscles and tracing my finger down to his oh-so-happy trail.

He then yawns loudly and then turns to face me, looking me directly in the face. He pouts his lips forwards and kisses the bridge of my nose before saying, "You're so beautiful." I frown and roll my eyes, but I end up smiling at his compliment.

"You're not too bad yourself," I say.

"I know," he says and he arches an eyebrow, "Our sons going to be as good looking as his daddy and there's going to be loads of girls lining up, just like there are for me," he smirks and winks at me. I let out a laugh at his stupid cockiness and he laughs with me and then leans forwards and plants a kiss on my lips. "Your lips are so soft," he then says before returning his lips to them. "So soft," he says once more," but this time his kiss deepens.

He kisses me hard like his life depends on it and his skilful tongue invades my mouth, and I surrender to his passionate kiss. I bring my hands to his head and run my fingers through his hair, not taking my lips from his as our tongues entwine. Whoa! I haven't felt like this in ages. I want to undress him and kiss him everywhere, whilst making love him all at once. Damn! As if reading my thoughts, his hand slides down my pyjama shorts and he clasps hold of my backside.

We've ignored our strong sexual desire for so long and focused on developing other key ingredients to our relationship first, and I regret nothing. Yes, we've had sex, but it was drunk and meaningless sex and I still have barely any clear recollection of that night. But now I love this man with my entire being and I want to make love with him.

"I love you," he breathes and I cup his face and smile as I kiss him. I'll never get tired of hearing that! Oh, how I love this man. I love how comforting he is. I love his passion. I love how sweet and thoughtful he is. I love that he's welcomed me into his life and made what is his mine. I love that he hasn't given up on me. I love that he's not the same boy that I first moved in with, the one that wanted the best of post worlds, a little bit of what he had in the past, and a little bit of the future. I love that when he holds me, he makes me feel like I'm the most precious thing in his life and I've waited for so long to feel like that. I love that he cares about our unborn child and that he cares about me... he cares. It's almost overwhelming and breathtaking.

He begins to press kisses all over my face, starting from my lips to my nose, my cheeks, my eyelids, my eyebrows and I tilt my head back and squeal. He looks at me, his blue eyes dancing with warmth and excitement and he's smiling, a smile that I've never seen before. I hold his head and bring my lips back against his and the kiss immediately intensifies.

"Can I?" he asks, his voice is husky and breathy as he moves his kiss to my neck. I nod and I drive my fingers through his hair as I tilt my neck, allowing him to deepen his kiss. He stops and he looks at me, "Are you sure? I only want to do it if you're comfortable."

"I am," I say, "I love you."

He kisses my neck once more and then murmurs, "I love you too."