Something Special [Y]

Start from the beginning

I crossed my arms and faced her, "Shoot me."

"Are you and June a thing?"

I laughed so hard - catching the attention of some of our customers - and I had to wipe tears away from my eyes, "You're joking right?"

"Does it look like I'm joking Yeonwoo?"

I calmed down and thought about what happened a few days ago.

...

It was December 18th and June asked me out for breakfast before I had to start my shift. I obviously said yes so we ended up eating at this super nice spot since he offered to pay for me.

When we met up, he was rocking a very sleek grey coat, a simple white polo shirt - which really emphasized his body -with a cute navy cardigan and grey slacks. He looked pretty good - but he always had a knack for fashion, so it wasn't fair.

"Hey Dabin, how's it?" Once we got comfortable in our booth, he elegantly takes off his coat and rolls his sleeves.

"Meh, I'm okay. Pretty tired though."

"Have you even been sleeping? I can see the bags under your eyes."

I look up to his face to notice dark bags as well and I scoffed, "I should ask you the same thing."

He smirks and rolls his eyes at me. Just then, our waiter comes by and I gotta admit, he was really cute - clean cut, dirty blonde, and I'm assuming he's definitely a charmer.

"Good morning, my name is Jonathan. Is there anything I could get you guys to start with?" he asks in a silky voice as he brings out his notepad.

"Can YOU maybe tell me about your specials for the day?" June says in a flirtatious voice, following his signature charming smirk.

I just had to roll my eyes at him - what a guy.

Did I ever mention he is gay?

Our waiter seemed to roll with his flirtatious act and goes on to say the special menu for the day but finally adds on, "But I mean, if you really want dessert this early in the morning, I can give you something really special," and winks.

Damnnn, I can never keep up with flirting - I'm honestly a sloth when it comes to things like this.

After ordering, the waiter gave June his number and finally left us in peace, but I couldn't help but question, "Ya! What are you doing?"

He slouches a bit despite always having such a good posture, "Just having some fun Dabin, that's all."

"But what about Mathew?" and at this questions, he looks at me in defeat.

Mathew was a guy he met back in Korea - they worked for the same company and they hit it off very well. They eventually became very close but when I was in Korea, June confessed to me that he thinks he's fallen in love with him.

Like, I always knew he was gay, but I never thought I'd be the first one he'd go to to confess that he loves someone. You see, he was quite a playboy, so it was a huge surprise when he said he wanted to finally try being in a relationship.

But he doesn't know if he likes him back.

"I don't know Dab, I don't know if our relationship is gonna go anywhere," he confesses but then asks me, "How's it with Nancy?"