Temptations || Chapter Six

Bắt đầu từ đầu

          Aria defeatedly sighed, a tiny smile playing at the corners of her lips. "God . . . I'll think about it."

          "Well, if you're not coming, can you at least cast an absentee ballot?" Hanna asked, earning a slightly annoyed glance from the girls in the room as they rearranged themselves around a makeshift table and sorted out the Chinese takeout. "What? I need her vote!"

          "Hanna, stop already!" Spencer said, "You've got homecoming queen locked down."

          "Really?" Hanna asked, eyebrows shooting upwards in disbelief, "You can rig the election?"

          Spencer shook her head, "Sorry, I have enough to do already, thanks. I'm head of the committee, half of which is out sick with the flu, so I'll be restocking the ice and refilling the hummus bowl, and trying to look cute for my first official date."

          "With Alex?" Emily asked, a brow raised teasingly. Spencer let a small smile take over her face as she nodded.

          Aria spoke up, "Wait, you're bringing him to homecoming?"

          Even Abigail was slightly shocked, "So, this is real?"

          Spencer didn't respond, but her face and body did all the talking she needed. Her cheeks were dusted with pink and a goofy grin was plastered on her lips.

          Hanna smirked, "Look at her blush!"

          "Stop!" Spencer laughed.

          "Damn," Aria started, "Now I have to come!"

          Spencer chuckled, "But, seriously, you guys, he's not gonna know anybody there, so can you just do your best to make him feel included?"

          Abigail scoffed, "No, we were planning on freezing him out."

          Spencer rolled her eyes at Abigail, "Alright, moving on." She glanced at Emily, "Em, who are you gonna bring?"

          Emily hummed, shrugging one shoulder, "I think I'm gonna go stag."

          "I will, too," Aria said, sending Emily a supportive smile.

          Abigail couldn't help the comment from leaving her mouth, "Why don't you guys come together? You'd make such a cute couple!"

          Emily stared at Abigail, having been the only one that heard the small bite in her words. Abigail winked and took a bite of a wanton as she looked at Aria.

          "How did I just go from wearing mom jeans to being Samantha Ronson?" Aria sarcastically asked, smirking at the girls in her room.

          Hanna was suddenly speaking up, glaring slightly at Abigail before smiling at Emily, "Who cares who anyone goes to this thing with? I mean, it's just a dance. You should bring someone who you have fun with."

          "I might want to go with someone," Emily spoke up, "I just don't want people thinking it means more than it does."

          "Are you and Ben back together?" Spencer asked.

          Emily shook her head and sat down on Aria's bed, "No. No, of course not."

          Abigail pushed the issue, "So . . . Who's the mystery dude?"

          The DiLaurentis girl earned another glare from Hanna, who suddenly jumped to Emily's aide, "I'm starving!" She snatched the bag of fortune cookies and opened it, digging in and grabbing one as the rest of the girls started eating their own food. Hanna cracked a cookie in half and unfurled the paper inside, her brows furrowed as she read it.