Scheming Mother (1)

Sofie looked back at the meek Harriet, and smiled genuinely. "Elliot, you should not blame Harriet for anything. After all, it was me, Sofie, who drugged you."

Elliot stood up and walked towards her. "Why?"

His intimidating voice sent chills down her spine. Nonetheless, she stood her ground and did not show any moment of weakness. "I wanted to make your first night passionate, I guess?"

Elliot massaged his forehead and shook his head. Even if it were not for you, I would've been passionate, okay?

"Get out." He quickly got rid of Sofie.

Pushed out of the room, the door slammed shut behind Sofie. She sighed and saw the shattered glass on the floor. "I guess I should clean this up."

After an hour, she went downstairs.

"Ah, what should I do now? I don't know where Sofie lives..."

Although they had been "best friends" for six years, Sofie never invited her to her house. It was always Sofie visiting, or inviting her to shop. Of course, she paid for all the expenses.

"Forget it, I'll just sleep in the guest room."

Being Elliot's husband in her past life, she knew where he kept the keys to every room in the house. She retrieved the key to the guest room and unlocked the door.

The guest room was dusty, a sign of abandonment. There were spider webs across the corners, and the accumulated dust was enough for her to wheeze.

"Cough, cough... How dirty! I need to clean it up."

.....

In the Snider household.

It was in the middle of the night. Mrs. Snider was getting worried, her daughter was still not home after all this time.

She knew about her plan to frame Harriet, but she did not expect her to take this long... unless something had gone awry!

Anxious, Mrs. Snider called the Li household's landline.

"Hello?" A sweet voice came through the speaker.