Chapter 2: The Ancient Ones

Zacznij od początku

"Hmm," Neurosecretory crossed his arms. "Well please proceed commander."

Helper T took in a deep breath before continuing. "We are dealing with an unknown enemy that kills immune cells but then vanishes off without a trace. The first reports of such attacks occurred some four days ago and we've been receiving distress calls from everywhere in the world after that."

"I see. Then are you suggesting, commander, that the vitamin supplements we're importing are still not enough?"

"They are not for combating this type of infection sir," Helper T corrected. "We've sent out squad after squad of Killer T cells to investigate these killings, but so far, we've yet to find even a whisper of the name of the culprit."

"A whisper of the name he says..." One of the cloaked neurons repeated, his voice sounded distorted and artificial. "Are you admitting to us you that cannot do your job cell commander?"

Helper T shook his head vigorously.

"N-No milord," He stammered. "W-We're doing what we can, but I believe it would be best if we could ask for your support."

"And what would that be?" Neurosecretory raised an eyebrow.

"Firstly, to increase the temperature to fever levels," Helper T placed a hand on his glasses to straightened it up. "And secondly, to suggest to the Consciousness to stir the world into this place I heard called a hospital and seek additional support."

"A HOSPITAL?!" one of the cloaked neurons jumped out of his seat as he shouted, his voice high-pitched and distorted. "You cheeky little bastard, do you even know what a hospital is?!"

"I uh," sweat started to pour on the sides of Helper T's face. "I saw it on one of the dream broadcasts, and they heal up worlds do they not?"

The sudden outburst of the neuron only made the tension in the air thick and suffocating. The cloaked neurons started to discuss in hush tones with themselves as the immune cells all stood in absolute silence.

NK watched at the council members, and she could see it in their behavior their confusion over the matter. Truth be told, Helper T had first discussed his plan with her and the other immune cells before they decided to come here into the hypothalamus to petition the ancient council. NK had also seen this place called a hospital on one of the dreams being broadcast when the world went into REM sleep. She didn't have any idea what the world outside their world looks like, but from what she saw, this hospital could definitely help them in saving their world from total destruction.

"They do," the neuron who jumped up confirmed. "But why would you even suggest such a thing? Have you already thrown your tendrils up the air in defeat?"

"We are just preparing for the worst milord," Helper T replied. "This might be a battle we cannot win without outside help."

"And why would you say that?" the neuron pressed on. "For all we know, this threat could be nothing more than an overcharged flu that a pint full of lemonade could easily eradicate."

"It is true we haven't yet found out the culprit, but we've proof of the destruction it had already done."

Helper T turned his head to signal at Dendritic cell who immediately walked toward the seated council.

"My lords," Dendritic made a nervous smile as he took out a bundle of pictures from his side bag. "Please take some time to study these photos to get a better idea of the threat we are currently facing."

Dendritic proceeded to distribute the pictures to each cloaked neuron. The council members then studied each individual photo before swapping them with their seatmate.