I needed time to think.

Mark deserved to know, especially now. He almost found himself in a situation I figured was worse than death. Mark's questions were normal for anyone who was curious about my kind, especially my family.

And the fact that Mark called us vampires made my skin crawl. It was the term used to refer to us, but I never wanted that to be my label. Faggot, loser, jerk, brat. I could deal with all of those in stride, but vampire was just stretching it. I felt evil when someone called me that.

I wasn't evil.

I was just a regular creature trying to survive. When humans ate a burger, did they not realize they were eating something that was once alive? The cow knows that it's life is set before it, so it knows that the circle of life is there.

Cows eat grass. Grass is living. Humans eat cows. Cows are living. Vampires... devour humans. Humans are living. It was just the same to me.

At the same time, vampire felt like murderer. I didn't kill. The blood stocked in my home was because my father owned the hospital in town. My mother worked as his secretary. That blood was just from donors, or the already deceased. We didn't murder people, not anymore anyway.

I could vaguely remember a time when my mother told me that she and my father used to just pull people off the streets.

It was amazing what changed in such a short period of time.

I finally got back home, relieved to see that my parents had gone to bed. I walked down the hall to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of O positive when I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I stiffened, then whirled around to see Amber and Storm sitting across the room, watching me.

"What is this? Intervention?" I asked dryly, not longer bothering with formalities around Storm as he had lost my respect the moment he bit Mark. I had no problem with the fact that he liked Mark. In fact, I was overjoyed. I was just pissed that he didn't even bother to get to know the guy and just bit him.

"I wanted to apologize," Amber volunteered brightly, cocking her head and giving me a sugary smile, "For inviting Mark. My bad. How was I supposed to know that Storm would fall madly in love with him?" I waited for Storm to disagree with Amber's statement, but my eyes only widened as Storm quietly took a drip of blood from his wine glass.

"So you do like Mark. That's why you bit him." I confirmed. Storm glanced up at me.

"You don't love me either. Why are you offended?" He asked flatly. I scowled and slammed the bottle down on the countertop, knocking the top off in the process.

"I don't care about that. Go ahead and love on Mark all you want. I'm pissed that you exposed us right there. You bit him without even thinking." I answered angrily, clenching my fists. Storm gazed at me, folding one leg over the other as he took another sip of blood, licking the red off his lips.

"Don't get me wrong," He began calmly, "I do enjoy your human friend. Something about him is magnetic, however, I have not forgotten the reason I am here. We are supposed to get married in three months and those three months are dwindling qucikly. As much as I love your human, I cannot disobey a decade of waiting for our clans to unite. As males, we're the only ones of our kind that can turn others."

As much as I hated to say it, Storm was right.

Males could easily turn humans into our kind. A deep bite, poisoned with a mixture of the aphrodisiac and bonding, as well as draining the victim. After that, our kind had to feed our blood to the victim.

Bada-bing, bada-bam. Bloodsucker.

Not a pureblood, like Storm or myself, but close enough to the real thing that they were no longer human.