71 - KEVIN (Part 3)

10.26.18
genre: angst
KEVIN - ♪()♪
length: 3 part
P.O.V: 3rd & reader insert
~~~~

please read 23 & 24

A year afterwards and moving up to a new grade, and still Kevin could not get over the fact that Y/N was gone.

Every day, he would pray that everything claimed was a bloody lie and that Y/N would be waiting for him at school like she had promised.

Like she had promised...

Another awful, heart-wrenching factor to his sorrow was that he wasn't allowed to see her body after sending her to the hospital without him there. He wasn't invited to the funeral, and he wasn't allowed to her grave to pay respects.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," He uttered under his breath as he trudged to school alone.

He passed by the now abandoned convenience store, everything emptied out after the incident.

He held his breath, feeling a sick churning in his stomach as he recalled the exact place and position he'd been in where he'd held Y/N till her body went cold.

"Goddammit, it should've been me!" He said tightly. At least the murderer was caught and sent to 50 years in prison.

Kevin arrived at school, and sat down with a twisted stomach and impatiently waited for school to begin.

The homeroom teacher walked in as if on cue and with a wide smile, announced, "We're having a new student today! I hope you treat her with care!"

With a beckon of the teacher's hand, the new student confidently, almost electronically, entered the room, her movements oddly stiff.

"Woah! She's so pretty! She looks kinda familiar, though," Someone that had been in Kevin's class last year exclaimed with a gasp, pointing to her.

Curious, Kevin lifted his head and studied the new girl. Once he analyzed her face, he shot up from his desk with a look of horror and surprise on his face.

All eyes were on him now.

"Uh, Kevin, you okay?" The teacher quizzically asked.

"Yes, sorry," He murmured and sat back down more calm and composed, but still looking like he had seen some sort of ghost.

"Introduce yourself," The teacher urged the shy and speechless girl.

"Hello, my name is..." She trailed off, seeming to have difficulty articulating her words.

What the hell?? I'm definitely hallucinating. That is NOT her.

The teacher looked a little embarrassed and leaned in to whisper something into the girl's ear, causing her to blink rapidly and nod with a cold smile.

"The name's Y/N." She said.

"But I'm sorry if I'm not of your expectations, because truly, I'm not what you think I am."

"What am I? I'm..."

~~~

here ya go fellas! short with a cliffhanger. cya lmao. i'll be soon to do a halloween special!