Awkward encounters

Zacznij od początku

"His family have come down and are staying with us. We're rooming"

"He is in your bedroom! At night!" Tom said beggining to look angry again. 

"Yeah, so?"

"Nothing... I just didn't think your parents would like it" He mumbled.

"Ugh! They love him! I wouldn't be surprised if they had already agreed on an arranged marriage"

"They hardly know him!"

I frowned at Tom as he burnt a hole into the back of James' head. I rolled my eyes and decided not to say anything. Tom was probably just having a bad day.

"Anyhoo. I gotta run" I said making my way to the door.

"Are you going to that party tonight?"

"What party?" I said suddenly intrigued.

"Some band is playing. Not a full blown gig or anything just some cover songs"

"Sure! We'll be there" I said smiling at Tom.

I turned my back to him before he could protest about James coming and left the shop.

"Hey Superman!" I said nudging James in the ribs.

"Hey! How'd the staring match go down?"

"Tom was having a bad day"

"Sure... Sure" James said smirking.

"But good news! Party tonight? Up for it?"

"I'm gunna tear it up and it ain't pretty!" James said doing a little dance.

I laughed and pulled him in the direction of the high street leaving my awkward encounter behind me.

James and I ambled round for another couple of hours before heading back to the house and watching a movie. After watching an entire series of 'Friends' and clapping in time to the entrance tune, we started to get ready for the party.

James didn't change at all. He simply carried on watching the TV. I changed my shoes to converse but nothing else. I sprayed on some fresh deodorant and added a little more eyeshadow for a 'night' look. 

"Ready yet Charcoal?" James said casually sprawled across the bed.

"Yep, let's go"

We managed to persuade Dad to let us walk instead of getting a lift. The bargaining chip was the fact that James is a boy and can apparently take better care of me than I can!

After walking for about 15 minutes we finally reached the little music place and entered into what seemed like a booming party.

"This place is packed!" I shouted to James over the music.

"I know! Better make sure I take care of you!"

"What!"

"Better make sure I take care of you!"

I rolled my eyes and hit him playfully on the arm before towing him off to find Paige. She was most likely dancing or to use a better adjective, grinding against Henry.

"Paige! Paige!" I shouted to her. She looked around herself for a moment before seeing me and rushing to hug me.

"Hey Charlie! He's fit!"

Jesus! Could she be any more obvious?!

"So are you two a couple?"

Obviously she could. Luckily James didn't hear her and I punched her side to shut her up. She carried on laughing as I nudged James.