High School. Period.

Start from the beginning

To be honest, the only bets I have with guys are one of these two things: who has the better grade by the end of the semester, or who can skateboard down the hill the longest. Like, really. Guys are not as mature as a lot of people portray them.

(Out of all the cliches, please avoid this one at all costs.)

#5: THE NAMES of these PEOPLE.
This isn't as revolting or hair-ripping, eye-balling, ARGH---okay, I think I'm done. But still, a lot of the time you have Mackenzie: popular blonde brat or the surname of a popular tanned ripped hottie.

Or Naomi: nerdy sub character or weird hipster cheerleader-wannabe.
Jessica: b*tchy cheerleader or that one smartass girl who gets everything she wants.
Daniel or Eric: the rich boys that have enough money to spoil their seventh generation following after them.
Matt, Maxx, hm... Ryder, David, Carter, and the infamous Josh: the jocks that walk around in huddles---penguin style.
Carrie, Mary, Carly, Skylar: the quirky hipster-slash-nerds that are a clique of themselves. Wonderful.
Ryan: that one gay best friend. Wha-?

REMEMBER, shape the MOST STEREOTYPICAL jock names the transform those people into NERDS or better yet, the ORIGINAL character. No matter how cliche your story may be, at least add something more to it by transforming the names we're so familiar with suiting a specific stereotype.

#6: Flawless BARBIE.
Literally. These girls or guys are perfection. Sheer perfections, apparently, inside and out. Everyone has their flaws, but these people? Nah. They're too perfect to have imperfections.

If they're going to be "perfect", make them the "idol" of your main character. Don't make them, you know, the perfect girls or guys that are stick skinny, have TONS of time they throw around, have people ogling after them, carry a Chanel bag, usually fit in every other clique there is, and has the most gorgeous hair possible.

#7: So Called BFFS forgets to tell you she went on a DATE.
Sometimes, just to fill a missing gap, authors tend to do this:

"Why weren't you there on Saturday?"
"Look. I'm sorry. I completely forgot to pick you up."
"Sasha! I got freakin' touched by David last night!"
"B-but, I was on a date!"

Erm. Well, how to wrap that one up?

#8: Random Acts of Violence. Because your story is BORING.
Adding a really avoidable situation simply because your story is getting boring is kind of, like, getting an F on your exam. Don't have two people fighting randomly because the story is getting boring. Okay? Just STOP! Sometimes the violence is extended to things that are quite... odd. Like people randomly dying.

#9: The STORY TITLE gives away EVERYTHING.
Now just to get reads, we see a lot of people who do this, like, "The Bad Boy Loves Me And Then We Got Married But Then His Ex Arose From The Graveyard As A Vampire And Now She Wants To Kill Me". Or even the simplist like, "Romeo and Juliet: Modern Vers". Titles like those give everything away, and you find that happening with the high school-related books.

#10: "LOVE YA, GURL".
First of all, you don't love her. Just say the girl has a boy best friend or a boy she likes or likes her or something twisted like that, he overuses the word "love" or says it WAY too early.

For starts, how long does it take to love? Because apparently in the high schools of Wattpad, love happens before first sight.

#11: MATURE high school BOYS.
Relating to number four, this happens quite a bit. The boy feels as though he's in love. In love. That's something majority of thirty year old men don't say because they're seven weeks INTO their relationship. In other words, real people don't say they're in love. Not when they're in high school. And if they did, it's more, "awh, you're cute" rather than a deep and sympathic "I truly love you" which you only find in Victorian styled era writes that make no sense because they use parasols and fluffy white skirts along with wired corsets in the middle of summer.