Broken Heart

Beginne am Anfang

Jessica instantly broke down in tears.
"My baby.."

"It is very serious, but also very common. I've done hundreds of these surgeries and I promise you your baby will be in the best hands."

"Is the baby okay while still the womb?"

"Yes! That's why I really need you to take it easy. You want to keep this baby safe inside of you for as long as possible. The closer we get to delivery, the more we'll talk about everything that will happen, but for now Absolutely No Stressing!"

Jessica nodded softly.

"Not only is it important for your baby's health, but yours as well. Today your blood pressure was a little high so I need you to make sure it goes back to normal. We need mommy healthy in order to have baby healthy."

"Okay.."

Hearing the news of their baby broke their hearts. None of their kids have ever had surgery, now this little baby is going to have to be taken straight from his momma's warm womb and put under the knife in a matter of minutes. This is by far the scariest thing they've ever had to face.

**

New years came and went. Jessica is now sixteen weeks pregnant. It is now extremely hard to hide her growing belly, but she's trying her very best. Jessica wore a black over sized top to Hopefully camouflage the baby for just a teensy bit longer.

"Mommy?" Nova looked up to her mother.

"Yes, baby?"

"Maybe.. maybe if you want.. you can go in a diet?"

Jessica laughed. "What?! Are you saying I'm fat?!"

"No! I just think that... well um.. when I hugged you I felt your tummy and I didn't used to, so I thought you'd wanna lose weight.."

"I'm okay, thank you though." She laughed.

That evening was one of their weekly family dinners. Danny and Jessica were planning on telling the kids tonight.
Since she wasn't sure of how her older ones would react, she decided to tell them separately from her younger ones.

"Kids, come over here with dad and I." Jessica said sitting beside Danny.

"Are we getting another dog?" Grayson asked.

"No!" Jessica chuckled.

"What is something that little miss Nova has wanted for a little while now?" Jessica asks.

"Hmm.. Well yesterday I asked daddy for a kitty." Nova cutely says.

"Not a kitty, silly!"

"Then I don't know!" She lifts her hands.

"Well why don't we help you out?  Here, open these." Danny says handing them each a gift.

Nova gasps. "MORE PRESENTS!"

"Yeah! What is it, Nova?"

"It's a shirt!  I got a pink one and Gray's got a blue one!"

"Grayson, what does it say?"

"I'm going to be a big brother again." Grayson's eyes immediately go wide making his parents laugh.

"What does mine say?!  Someone read it to me!" Nova jumps.

"Nova, yours says, "I'm going to be a big sister!"

Nova giggles but still doesn't understand.

"Nova, do you know what that means?" Danny asks.

"I do!" Grayson says making them laugh once again.