{Chapter 22|Yanny-Laurel}

Bắt đầu từ đầu

BooBooTheFool : Oh, I won't let them down, Laurel. Just you wait!

Yanny-Laurel : Thanks so much, (Y/N)! Dress your best and give them stuff! TYYL, take care :D

BooBooTheFool : No problem. I can't wait to meet them! Take care, too!

-You changed your nickname to TheLegend27-

You sigh in satisfaction, plopping down on Tord's bed once again.
Tord goes over and looks at you, "Who're you texting?" He asks.
"Laurel. My cousin. There's a campaign raising awareness for child abuse in the city, and she invited me to go on Saturday." You reply.

He opens his mouth to ask more, but you cut him off, "More details later when I have everyone in the same place. C'mon, I already smell the bacon." You said and went down.

"(Y/N), sweetie! Good morning!" Grandmother Susan greets you with her kind-hearted smile, the same as every morning since her arrival 3 weeks ago.
"Morning, Grandmother Susan. How was your sleep?" You ask.
"Peaceful as always, dear." She replies and you sit on one of the sofas in the living room, where a sleeping Edd was presented on the other side.

You look closely on the table, seeing sketches and doodles of different characters, supposedly for an animated series he's working on, and some books and familiar homework. You smile,

'He works too hard sometimes...'

He looked so calm and at peace just sleeping there, instead of that always tensed look on his face. He worries for everyone, he cares for everyone, so much so that he forgets to care for himself. Everyone here is grown-up and he always acts like he knows what to do, like he's taking place as the oldest, but once he does his part, once he made everyone satisfied and happy, who will care for his happiness?

Your smile dropped as you realize that your thoughts were taking turn.

"At least you two are having fun..."

You suddenly get reminded of the scene that took place 3 weeks ago, and the core reason of why he and Ell are avoiding you.

~Flashback~

Your eyes widen at the sight. Edd was about to give you and Tom the car-keys, but dropped it once he had witnessed the sight.

Edd's heart shattered, but continued as if he was still happy. Ignoring the sudden pain emitting from his chest.

"E-Edd...I swear I-"

You try to reason with him, but with that...faked smile of his, you decided to not continue your sentence.

"I...I know, (Y/N)...it's okay. I get it." He tries to continue his smile but tears were already falling. He covered his eyes with his sleeves and ran upstairs.

Ell had come into the scene, looking at Edd's running figure before turning to look at you and Tom. She picks up the car-keys and throws it over to your feet. No words were needed to be said. She was mad.
Ell went upstairs, probably to comfort her other half.

You and Tom stand there, in the rain, soaked for a good minute.

Tom was the first to move, picking up the car-keys and walking towards the car.
"If you don't want to come, that's fine. You can stay in the house." Hey says as he unlocks the car.

You shake your head, "I...I'm coming with you." You say quietly.

~Present Time~

You slowly walk over to Edd's sleeping figure.
You shake his shoulder gently, "Edd...wake up." You whisper.

He groans, opening his eyes, tired.

"...(Y/N)?" He says sleepily.

You felt your heart flutter. It was the first time in awhile since he had said your name, talk to you even.

"Y-yeah...breakfast..." You say, kind of at a loss for words.

Suddenly, Edd breaks from his half-sleep state to fully awake.
He sat-up quickly, as if you were some threat to him, shifting to the other side of the sofa.

"...Goodmorning..." You say, not sure if you were to smile or not.

Edd looks down, he wanted to reply to you so badly, to at least have one small conversation. He missed you talking with him, he missed you laughing with him, he missed hugging you, he missed you so bad.

"Edd, fix your mess up, will ya? You're the one who always says about not being late, but I think you're the reason why we're gonna be late if you leave that mess." Ell's voice comes into hearing. You see her grabbing the books and taking the papers away to the upstairs, doing all of that as if you weren't even there.

You heart dropped of disappointment.
Hurt, you started making your way into the kitchen, but softs hands had grabbed yours, making you turn around in confusion.

"Edd...?" You ask.
Edd lets go, speedily picking up the remaining papers and books left and went upstairs.

You look at your hand, processing on what just happened.
And thus, your smile had come back.

~

"Edd, what the heck? Why'd you just let her do that?" Ell asks, annoyed.
"...I...I can't do it anymore, Ell...she...she just looks so hurt every time we make eye-contact. It just pains me seeing her like that." Edd kept staring at the floor.

Ell sighs of frustration, "You always care for other people too much. If they're hurt, you're hurt. If they're sad, you're sad. Edd, you're human. You can generate your own emotions. You don't have to go and rely on every human to generate those emotions for you. You have to care for yourself too."

"I know! I know!" Edd says, clearly not wanting to deal with this early in the morning.

Ell goes on, "Then why? Why are you doing this yourself?"

"Because...I just want to move on!" Edd replies, feeling pressured.

"Move on...?" Ell says, confused.

"I have feelings for her, Ell! But I don't deserve someone like her...so...I...thought the best way to just move on is to ignore her. She deserves someone better. Didn't you see how she just let Tom do that!? I...I thought that avoiding her would make me feel more focused on my studies, more focused on myself, but it was no good! Everyday, my mind just keeps coming back to her. I just want her to be in my arms again...but I know that it's useless. She probably likes Tom already...ugh, her hand was so soft and warm...if only I could hold it just one more time..." Edd looks at his hands, remembering how he grabbed it, feeling it's warm touch sent a sensation through his body.

Ell was speechless for a moment.
Edd showed obvious signs that he liked you, but she didn't know that he was so self-doubting.

"Come on, let's eat breakfast." Was the only thing she could say as she goes down the stairs.
Edd took awhile to recover but soon followed.

~

"Edd...likes (Y/N)?"

Matt ponders a bit in his room, still trying to process the conversation between the twins.

"About time he realized it."