ChApTeR 21

ცųɬƈɧ

"I think Scamp's hungry," I call out, looking down as the meerkat scampers over my shoulders, whining.

"I told you a want no part of that creature," Buttercup snaps, wringing out her black wet hair one more time. I stare at her back and then sigh dramatically. She glances at me and rolls her eyes, starting to walk.

"Come on Buttercup, don't be so heartless!" I beg her, making my eyes go wide and clasping my hands together. Buttercup turns and glares at me in a 'not gonna work' way. I take a breath and pout my lips, Scamp coming up on my head and making large eyes himself. "Pleeeeeeeease?"

Buttercup grimaces and sighs, looking up to the sky. "Fine," she growls, looking back at us. Scamp chirps happily and I smile, dropping the sad act.

"You're the best!" I say loudly, throwing my arms around her and twirling her in the air. Buttercup laughs and I stop, staring at her with a goofy smile. She frowns weirdly at me and slips back to the floor, walking a few steps away.

"I said he could get food. I'm not doing anything but sitting under this tree," Buttercup says matter-of-factly, plopping under the shade of the tree and smiling lazily at me. I puff out my cheeks and roll my eyes at her, turning with scamp to go get some food.

"She's so lazy," I murmur, pushing away some tall grasses to reveal a set of any hills. Scamp chirps loudly and runs down my arm, digging through the dirt and stuffing small ants into his mouth. I stick my tongue out in disgust and scamp cocks his head, stuffing a few more into his mouth. I roll my eyes and lean back, stretching my sore back. Scamp and I have been looking for food for at least two hours.

I look around and frown at the setting sun, casting a pink glow over the horizon. Scamp climbs back onto my shoulder and looks around, trying to spot our camp. I see nothing.

"Buttercup!" I shout, cupping my hands over my mouth to make myself louder. Scamp runs onto my head and chirps out to her. I drop my hands and frown at the direction Buttercup was in. No response. "we must be farther than I thought." I sigh and plop down on a large rock in the field. I look around and then decide i'll have to go find her. "Come on, let's head back."

Scamp chirps in agreement and I sigh out a large breath, starting back towards our base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where is this thing?" I growl in agitation. We've been looking for Buttercup for who knows how long to no avail. It's like that watering hold just disappeared!

I stop in my tracks and stare blankly at the grass in front of me. Watering holes don't just appear or disappear...

"It was a freaking trap!" I yell, kicking an ant hill. Scamp chatters and goes down to eat the ants. I plop down and hold my head in my hands. Scamp appears between my legs and cocks his head at me in confusion. "You and me both, Scamp," I agree and look up at the stars appearing in the sky. Buttercup was long gone, and it was my fault.

ᏴᏌᎢᎢᎬᎡᏟᏌᏢ

"Stupid meerkat," I murmur, kicking a rock around. I stick my hands into my pockets, stopping when I feel something in them. I grab the object and pull it out, staring down at a silver infinity symbol we found after our escape. Butch claimed that it belonged to Lina's sister, Kia, but I doubt even she would risk helping us.

"You jump to conclusions," a voice laughs, making me miss the pebble and hitting my foot into the dirt. I turn quickly and stare in shock as Kia bounces off from the branch of the tree to the floor. I glare at her and grab my hammer while she laughs. "There's no need for that Buttercup, there is no one to fight."

"I see one option," I smirk, running forward. Kia sighs, rolling her eyes, and side steps me, sticking her foot out and tripping me. I land hard on the ground, but I twist onto my back, holding out my hammer like a shield.

"I am not your enemy Buttercup, just a simple messenger," Kia assures me, extending a hand. I frown at her and take it, allowing her to pull me to my feet.

"Spill it birdie," I command, holding out my hammer. Everyone knew how dangerous I was with a weapon.

"Mojo just wanted to know if you enjoyed your bath," she says, her tone filled with sadness. I can tell she wasn't doing this on her own free will.

"What did he do?" I gasp, clutching my hammer angrily. Kia looks away sadly and continues.

"He says that you have three days to live until the poisons stop your organs, or surrender yourself," Kia says quietly, turning back to me. "I'm sorry Buttercup."

"That thing, it was to make sure he didn't get in the water, wasn't it?" I say, referring to Scamp. Kia nods sadly, her eyes glossy. heat builds up in my chest and I growl. "Let him kill me."

"Please Buttercup, be reasonable!" Kia pleads, panic in her voice. I shake my head sadly and Kia comes forward, grabbing my hand. "Butch won't last without you. If you're dead who's left to help him? Blossom and Brick have already been captured and Bubbles is on the other side of the world!"

"Blossom was captured? Is she okay?" I ask, panic filling me.

"She's better than you. Please Buttercup, make the smart decision for once," Kia begs. I look over across the field at Butch's distant figure and sigh.

"Alright," I agree, dropping my hammer. Kia smiles sadly and grabs my arm.

"I'm sorry," she says one last time before we disappear, along with the watering hole.

Sorry I know I promised this yesterday, but I had friends sleepover and they didn't leave until 4 today! I hope you guys like it! next- Boomer and Bubbles