My mouth dropped in horror. Why would anyone think that Colby would hit me?

Colby balled his fists and swore under his breath. "Don't you have anything better to do?"
Colby seethed, glaring at the man.

"Are you threatening me?" He taunted back. I grabbed Colby's hand in attempt to stop him from punching the guy.

"Listen here, if I find any articles saying that I threatened you, I will sue you for defermation and take your job and your reputation. Do you understand me?" Colby spat, leaning forward.

The man cowered back in anger and Colby narrowed his eyes before relaxing into my grasp. I was shocked that Colby did that, but he was probably use to people trying to invade his life.

"This is something you'll half to get used too you know" he whispered, wrapping his arms around me again. "I'll protect you as much as I can" he tightened his arms.

I nodded and relaxed into Colby's hold. "I know you will" I whispered back.

We managed to make it the whole trip without being interrupted. There were no cameras or fans waiting at the airport, as no one knew Colby was even landing here.

"Wow, this is, this is small" Colby said as he looked around the airport. It only had four gates and was the second biggest in the state.

"The one back home is a quarter of the size of this" I laughed at him, walking over to baggage claim.

"I made our reservation for the motor inn?" He trailed off. "For six tonight."

I nodded and looked for my bags coming down the conveyer belt. "Awe look, ours are first" Colby said with an oddly cheerful smirk before grabbing all the luggage off the belt in two goes.

"So, I'll show you round campus and where I lived for the last three years then head up home?" I cringed at the word home. It wasn't my home. I don't even know where my home is, but I know for sure that that isn't it.

"Sounds good" he smirked, leading me over to the car rental.

I drove from the airport into the city somehow without a GPS. I had never driven to the airport from the city, even though i've lived here for nearly three years.

"What's Dan Murphy's?" Colby asked as we drove past the bottleo.

"It's s bottle shop, one of the best" I replied, changing lanes. He nodded and continued to stare out the window at the passing shops and old architecture.

"How much longer til we're there?" He asked, drawing his attention away from the street.

I quickly looked at what we were passing, "ah about 10 minutes, depending traffic" I said before stopping at the red light. "Why, you bored already?" I laughed, smiling at him.

He laughed and shook his head, "no I've just really gotta use the bathroom."

I accelerated forward as the light turned green, "Well we're not far away now." We continued to drive along the highway. The view of shops became industrial, then a river. Colby started to fidget in his seat and I sped up a little.

"Don't speed" he scolded me, automatically picking up that I was doing 110km and in a 100km zone.

"Don't panic cause it's right there" I pointed to the large accomodation building opposite me.

"Oh thankgod" he breathed as I merged into the turning lane.

"And this is the worst part"
I groaned as we stopped, waiting to pass through two lanes of highway traffic. Finally, we got though and onto the many roads that the campus had. Turning into the accomodation car park, Colby already had his seatbelt off. When I found a park he was straight out the car waiting for me. I grabbed my bag and lead him to my block of apartments.

Recovery // Seth Rollins जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें