Twenty Six Hands, Minus Six

ابدأ من البداية

"Think," she said. "Remember them. All of the laughing, the crying, all of it."

Capricorn chuckled. "I remember Gem would always get red when we told people we were dating."

"Leo would always trip me up during basketball practice," Sagittarius let a small smile settle on her face.

"Aries was always trying to sneak up behind people to scare them," Aquarius laughed.

The spark grew into a fire-y ball that glimmered like starlight. They kept sharing memories as the fire closed in on them. And it grew and it grew. Taurus started to think... what else could it need?

"I'm really going to miss Gem," Nye spoke. "She was hella annoying at times, but through everything she was the one person who never left my side, even when I asked her too."

"Aries was one of my best friends. He was always so calm and cool and I think - I know that he was going to do great things," Scorpio added.

"He already had. He was our friend. And he was amazing, I couldn't think of one thing he did that wasn't great." Virgo smiled mournfully.

"I don't think I'll ever forget Leo, either. She was such a wild card sometimes. Most days, Nye would tell me that Leo dragged Gem out of bed to go for a job, and other days I'd walk in on the two wearing sports bras, eating ice cream, and watching TV," Capricorn chuckled. "And when I asked why, Leo would always reply with, 'if we're wearing sports bras we can trick the body into thinking it's exercise.'"

The ball had gotten significantly brighter. It was nearly exploding.

A single tear went down Taurus' cheek. "I really, really loved them."

And it exploded, knocking all ten to the ground. The forest was significantly darker. The fire had been completely put out by the explosion.

Libra groaned and was the first to sit up. "I think we did it."

"In that case, let's head home, guys," Virgo said. She helped Cancer up, but let go a bit quickly. They had yet to tell anyone of their relationship.

"Actually, wait. I know we're all mourning right now, but I wanted to say this out loud." Cancer grabbed Virgo's hand. "I'm lesbian and I'm dating Virgo."

Cancer was fighting back tears, but Scorpio pulled her into a hug. Scorpio gripped her tightly. "That's okay, that's valid. You're all good, sis. And I'll beat the shit out if anyone who says other wise."

Cancer let go of Virgo and hugged her brother back. The rest of the group slowly filed in for a group hug. After a good five minutes they all pulled away, with Cancer crying.

Scorpio turned to Virgo. "Hurt her and you're on my hit list."

Virgo nodded happily and Scorpio patted her on the back, as if to say, You're good.

"What do we do about Leo and Gem?" Libra asked, kneeling near their bodies.

"My mom would want to see Gems face," Nye mentioned.

"I'll bet Leo's would want to as well," Virgo agreed. "We'll take them back."

"What about Aries?" Sagittarius sniffled.

"I don't know, Sag. He got a burned while we ran away from the forest fire. We'd have to find him," Scorpio told the girl.

"Shit!" Capricorn turned to Cancer. "We left Ms Mal tied into a tree!"

"We can worry about it another day," Cancer decided. "I want to see my mom."

"Me too. I want to see if Phoenix is okay," Pisces nodded.

Nye picked up his sister and carried her bridal style. Capricorn grabbed Leo. The ten walked through the forest together. Pisces leaned on Cancer and Taurus. Cancer clutched Virgo's hand. Scorpio hung behind his sister, right next to Aquarius.

They finally got to the edge of the forest where a lot of civilians and fireman were. A nervous chatter went on as a reporter spoke of the event.

"Random fires have occurred around town. Fifteen teenagers and one woman have gone missing and are believed to be in the forest." The reporter spoke.

"My babies!" One woman screamed. "Let me through! Those are my children!"

Cancer and Scorpio's faces lit up. They ran to the woman, breaking from the rest of the group. "Mom!" They chorused.

Their mom broke through the line of police men and hugged her children. Cancer and Scorpio hugged her and wouldn't let go. Finally, Scorpio started to cry.

Another figure emerged from the other end of the forest, walking towards the crowd. "Pisces? Guys?"

A wave of relief crashed over Pisces as she ran to him. Pisces tackled Phoenix. "You're alive! You're okay! Thank God!"

"I'm alright. How are you? What happened?" He asked her.

"I'll fill you in later, with everyone else. Promise," Pisces said.

Back with the crowd, another woman was yelling Nye's name. It was his mother. The zodiacs all fell silent as Nye slowly emerged from the group. He carried Gem in his arm, who was limp and bloody.

"Nye! What happened to your sister?" His mother asked.

"Momma, I'm really sorry. I couldn't protect her," Nye cried. "She was shot, Momma. She bled out. I couldn't save her."

Nye's mom reached out and touched her daughters face, smoothing the hair out of it. Nye cried as some officers grabbed his arms. A different pair took Gem from him.

"Wait! No! What are you doing?" Nye screamed.

"Sir, we'll be taking you in for questioning," one officer said. "Please come quietly."

"My sister! That's my sister you're taking away!" Nye struggles against them.

"Your sister is being rushed to the emergency room. Along with the other girl, Leo." The officer had a monotone voice. Nye whipped his head around to Capricorn struggling in the same way. Most of the Zodiacs were, with the exception of Pisces and Aquarius, who looked too tired to care.

Nye was shoved into a police car, as he sat side by side with Libra.

————————

Helllo! I know I said I wouldn't update again for a few days but that's starting now. Anyways.... three more chapters. Wow. This has been a blast. I'm hoping y'all will like the epilogue. Anyways, who is your favorite water sign in this story? Or in general?

 Anyways, who is your favorite water sign in this story? Or in general?