a final goodbye.

I know this is not a chapter title my dedicated readers wanted to see. Words cannot express how heavy heartedly I am writing this chapter, which will be posted in each of my incomplete stories.
I have made the decision to leave Wattpad, at least for now. Like I said before, I say this with such a heavy heart. This is not something that comes easy and I have so much guilt about it. I've actually written about 30 drafts of this note and have been sitting on it for a couple of weeks because I was nervous to post it.
The last few years, I've been struggling with major depression and mental health issues. These stories were my way of recuperating and escaping for a while. That's why I loved fanfiction. It was a whole new world, a whole new adventure, and a whole new escape.
I want to make one thing clear: THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH WRITING/READING/ENJOYING FANFICTION! Hell, look at the username I've been using for almost six years, FanFicQueen13! But I'm considering writing as a serious career and to be serious about writing, I need to allow myself to write my own original material without leaning on existent characters and universes.
Thank you all so much for giving me a platform to truly grow as a writer. I've gotten so many comments and messages telling me how much I have grown as a writer and that means the world to me. I don't regret anything I've written or any time I've used writing these stories.
There will always be a special place in my heart for these characters, even the ones I haven't created. While I can't tell you everything I did have planned for my characters, I can tell you that they all end up safe, happy, and for most of them, in love. I will continue to think about and revisit these characters, even though they will only live on in imagination rather than the written word.
Once again, I would like to thank you all for giving me a platform to share my voice and my ideas and my stories. I love you all dearly and I am so sorry to be saying goodbye.
I hope to see some familiar names when I embark on writing my own original content and that I keep in touch with those of you I have been close too.
I draw a close to these chapters to start a new chapter of my own life. I'm starting my senior year of high school and simultaneously I'm starting college. I will always be grateful to these years I've spent on Wattpad on this account, but it's time for me to say goodbye.

Much love and most likely for the last time on this account,
-E