"Well I mean, there are a lot of rumors circulating around," he scratches his chin sarcastically, "which one of them is true? Juvie? Summer school? Asylum?"

I stand taller and take a step towards him, "they're all rumors for a reason, aren't they?"

"Are you trying to intimidate me, Garcia?"

I cock my head, "is it working?"

He chortles, "yeah, if a rabbit is intimidating!"

"Don't test me, Flash. You don't want me to hurt you," I say, aware of the flock of students gathered around to watch our stand-off.

He looks towards the crowd, amused, "you hear that everybody?! She wants to hurt me!"

The crowd giggles in response but I keep my eyes on Flash.

If only looks could kill.

"Like I said. Don't. Test. Me," I hiss.

He smirks, "who taught you to fight? Your mommy? Your daddy? Oh, I can't forget! What about mommy's lover?"

I raise my fist and his eyes widen. Everything happens slowly. My fist travels to his face, but a warm hand grabs mine, cutting the punch short. My hand falls to my side and I stumble. I snap my head to my right to see someone there. It's the guy from Delmar's.

Mr. Parker.

He makes strong eye-contact with me. His eyes are chocolate brown and comforting. "You don't want to do that," he says softly.

Flash goes into a fit of laughter, "look, everybody! It's Penis Parker the hall monitor!"

Parker shoots Flash a death glare, "find a hobby, Flash."

Flash retorts, but I can't hear it. I'm storming off through the crowds of people. I shove them all out of the way and walk as fast as my legs will let me.

I just want to be back in the Butterfly Room. Back with my dad, back supporting him through his chemotherapy, back helping him with the lab.

I hear footsteps behind me but pay no attention to them whatsoever.

Where am I even going?

I take another right to another hallway filled with lockers and classrooms. A group of cheerleaders stand huddled around in a group.

Cassie.

She stands tall with the others, fitting in perfectly. Her long, skinny legs stick out from underneath her blue and white uniform, blending in with the others'. She doesn't see me, but I can't afford to stick around. I instantly turn around and bump into someone's chest. I wobble and lose my balance, but the person grips my arm firmly and pulls me up-right.

"Are you alright?" it's Parker again.

I hush him and drag him into a classroom conveniently on my left. He stumbles in and I shut the door behind us. I breathe a sigh of relief and hold my hair back from my face.

"What're we doing in here...?"

Oh, right. He's still here.

"Hiding from someone," I mumble.

"That was quite a punch you had back there," he laughs gently.

I roll my eyes. I really don't want to talk with anyone let alone this guy. "I practice here and there..." I shrug.

He cocks his head, "you're Mariposa, right?"

"It's Raven," I snap. He flinches at my abruptness but I don't change my cool expression.