Chapter eight: Nightmare from the past

Mulai dari awal

“Do you like my new hair color?” She asked excitedly when she caught me staring. She's on the backseat while I sat on the passenger side as Cole insisted. The girls didn't seem too surprised when I told them I'll be riding with Cole. It's like they've accepted that Cole is already part of the group or something.

“Yeah. Looks good on you.” I said with a shrug. I don't normally praise other people, but she does look good as a brunette than a blonde. Sarah is a very sweet and bubbly girl. She talks a lot during the drive to my house and I found out that she goes to Manhattan High as well and is on eleventh grade. I wasn't surprised that I didn't notice her at school since I don't know most of the students in school.

“I love your new hair...” Cole whispered and twirled his fingers through my curls when his car stopped in front of my house. My face flushed uncontrollably again and before Cole can see it, I jumped out of his car already.

“Nice to meet you, Sydney!” Sarah waved her hand at me. I just nod and went in the house. I'm a snob after all, nothing can change that. I've just closed the door of my room when my phone buzzed. I dropped my shopping bags on the floor and took my phone out of my blue Prada tote bag. It's another email from that psycho!

From: Someone hating Miss Popular

Subject: DIE!!!

T0: Sydney Wood

DID YOU HAVE FUN WITH

YOUR BOYFRIEND, SLUT?

ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS!!!

I threw my phone on the carpeted floor and slumped onto my bed. I'm so exhausted to be bothered by that nonsense email. Maybe next time, I'll go to a computer expert and let the emails be traced. Another email came. I lazily picked it up from the floor and thinking it's from that same psycho again, I tried to click “delete” but the subject caught my attention and shakily opened the email.

From: Someone hating Miss Popular

Subject: No conscience!

T0: Sydney Wood

I KNOW YOUR SHADY LITTLE

SECRET, MISS POPULAR...

=====####=====

Oh my God! Wake up!” It's raining heavily and the rain is washing away the blood on the road as I nervously touched the girl's neck and I was glad that she still has a pulse. I grabbed my phone from my car, but it was drained empty. “Shit!” I panicked and looked around. There's no car approaching. I went back to the girl. “I'll be back, please don't die on me. I'll go get some help.” The scene changed and I am now at the dark empty graveyard. I stared at the tombstone when two bloody hands broke through the ground and gripped my legs. I fell down on the ground, screaming while I was being pulled under the ground, then a bone chilling voice whispered in my ear.

Why did you leave me...?”

I woke up sweating and heaving uncontrollably. I glanced at the digital clock on my side table and it says five o'clock in the morning.