A Supernatural Delight

Comincia dall'inizio

"Haha, typical mean Nakiri Erina." He laughs, "Anyway, you're not busy now, right?"

"And if I am?"

"I wanna take you somewhere either way."

That statement of Sōma gets Erina a mini heart attack- God forbids that he meant it as a date. Though she can't help it; she kind of like the idea of him asking her out a little bit.

But she has to keep her ice queen persona- wouldn't want him to be all arrogant if he ever find out about her stupid feelings.

"W-What?! N-Now?"

Well, that didn't work, did it? Brilliant move, Erina.

"Yeah, it- whoa, Nakiri. You okay? You're flushed like crazy." Sōma's eyes bug out and before she knows it, his palm is touching her forehead.

"I-I'm fine!" She discards his hand flusteredly like it's a flock of mosquitoes flying around her head, "Let's j-just go and see what kind of importance it is that you have to show me at this unreasonable hour."

"Jeez, relax Nakiri. Wearing your uniform without the blazer is just fine." He sniggers.

"W-Why do you assume it's about that?!" She snaps, realizing she has forgotten to change into her nightgown. Though maybe this is not a bad thing.

"Nah, doesn't matter." Sōma says, and to her dismay, he reaches for her wrist and pulls her outside her humble bedroom before making his way rapidly, "We're just gonna have fun tonight."

As Erina struggles to shut the door behind her, she notices how his robust hand wrapped around her small wrist. For a palm that is not the smoothest, it surprisingly feels warm and... right. His grip solely tells her confidently that tonight is going to be one of those nights that come once in a blue moon.

A night that Nakiri Erina would never forget.

"Ah, one more thing," Sōma's gaze shifted back to where she is being dragged, "You need a helmet."

»»-¤-««

The high-caliber self within Erina never thought she would find herself in the bustling streets of Tokyo when the dusk has completely fallen. Wind blowing through her face like it intends to wipe your face off into a blank canvas as the rapidly moving moped scooter she's on runs passed the sprawling metropolis of bright lights and lively commuters.

This is definitely different from the posh circumstances she has been placed since birth. The moped seat vibrates below her in the strangest way possible, and her eyes would wince uncontrollably because of the dusts or how the strands of her honey blonde hair would get in the way of her sight. Moreover, being on a bike is as close as it gets to instability and the feeling that it could fall over anytime gets her nervous like nothing else- wait until Hisako have an earful about all these.

To top it off, she never thought she would find herself circling her arms around Yukihira Sōma's torso and holding on to his jacket like her life depends on it. And actually liking the warmth of his back pressed against her.

Yet there's just one thing that's bothering her.

"Where exactly are you taking me, Yukihira?" She asks, surprising herself that her voice comes out louder than intended. Talking on a moving bike isn't exactly the easiest thing, after all.

Almost shouting, Sōma replies, "The journey's no fun if you know where you're going, Nakiri! Sit back and enjoy the ride!"

"So are you saying that you're just taking me around town over this death ride?!"