Tower

"So you're saying nothing, absolutely nothing, is pinging?" I asked again, while I looked over the numerous screens Steve had up, "that can't be right. Even without his suit, FRIDAY should be able to locate him, wherever he is."
After everything we'd been through these last twenty-four hours I expected nothing less from Tony, than for him to take some time off, or find Pepper and apologize, but even she hadn't heard from him, and her worry permeated the air when she showed up to help us find him.

"Hey, we'll find him sweetheart, relax," Steve asserted, and grabbed my hand, "I'm sending Clint to some of Tony's old haunts, and Fury's on his way, just in case. We're probably just jumping the gun here, I'm sure Tony's just drunk somewhere.. alright?"
I took comfort when his warm hand squeezed mine, and continued to let the warmth of these last twenty-four hours roll over my skin.
"You're probably right," I retorted in a hushed tone, while Pepper was on the phone with Happy, "it's probably just Tony acting like a diva. It's just, he's never done this before, disappeared, willingly off the map."
"It doesn't look like it was willingly," my father countered as he barged into the large room, and opened a bigger screen, "this was taken off one of our sattelites twenty-two hours ago."

Pepper gasped behind me, and my mouth dropped open once the clear video showed Tony flying south west as, for all intensive purposes, a bright winged human wrapped around him, and in a bright flash of light, they were gone.
I closed my eyes and opened them again, slowly backing away from the screen. My skin itched, and my mind flickered black and a pale blue, while Steve moved off to the side to call all Avengers to the Tower.
I was astonished that Steve nor my dad even question the winged creature obviously flying in the air,  but we'd seen lots of weird shit over the years.
Only this time, something old, and a fear so familiar, rippled over my skin, and mind while I caught my dad watching me like a hawk.
I shook myself and played the video over and over, trying to figure out if what I was seeing was real. It couldn't be, but I looked up at my dad and let out a breath.

"This..I.. what is that?" I babbled, and watched golden wings manifest and dissapear in a blink of an eye. "FRIDAY?" I asked when my father didn't answer, but closed his eyes, and swallowed his retort.

"For all intensive purposes it looks like an angel," she stated, as various artworks of angels appeared on the farthest screen, "I'm sorry Mrs. Rogers but I cannot assess any further. There is strangely no video fifteen seconds after Mr. Stark was taken."

"This.. this isn't happening, what's going on..why do I feel..," I muttered, and turned away from the screen. I heard my father's voice calling my name from behind me, but everything was fuzzy, and the image of Tony being plucked from the air, turned my blood cold.
"My..mom..and dad..," I croaked, and closed my eyes to the flashes cracking like lightning in front of my face.
My stomach convulsed, and in a second I was back there, in the ruins of the cabin, yelling for my dead parents. Stuck underneath their larger frames, as dark smoke silenced their pleas and screams, along with a bright light and searing pain.
"(Y/n), look at me!" Coulson demanded, and grabbed my face, but my focus was on the familiar blinding light wrapped around Tony.
Locked memories beat at my brain, a flash of light, and Phil, all crashed into me, knocking me to the floor.
"What's happening!?" I shrieked, feeling Steve's arms around waist, anchoring me to his chest.
Dad's hands yanked my face hard, and held my gaze. I strained to move away, but Steve and dad held me still. There were tears in Coulson's eyes, as he quickly glanced at Steve and a shocked Pepper.
"Coulson?" Steve scolded, "shh honey, you're alright. I don't know what the hell's going on here, but something tells me, you do?"
The question was aimed at the man who found me all those years ago, huddled between to lifeless corpses. The man who raised me, even though he was only in his late twenties, definitely not ready to be raising a child and working as one of the lead agents for SHIELD, but he was the only one I clung too. As a scared kid, I would scream and fight if he left me for long periods of time. I lashed out at anyone, and everyone until Phil would show up, and tell me everything would be alright. It didn't take long before he adopted me, and included me in his busy life, which allowed me to slowly let more people in, Peggy, Fury etc.
Phil gave me a home, a life, and set me on the path that would give me the ability to keep whatever happened to my parents from happening to someone else.
I loved him like the father figure he was, besides I barely remembered my real parents, and he loved me, but the remorse etched all over his face nearly broke my heart.
"Papa, please don't.... you know what that is don't you?" I croaked, pushing against Steve's embrace, "you've known...?"
"Yes, and I'm so sorry honey, but I told you your parents belonged to a special group of people, and we all hoped their work and past affiliations wouldn't find you," he implored carefully, "but if that IS an angel responsible for Stark's disappearance, my worst fears may have finally arrived."
"What kind of group?" Steve snarled, and kept me in his arms, as I tried to cover my ears. I didn't want to know, cause my life was here, not back there, but the image of wings, and light seemed to open memories I'd forced myself to forget.
Phil met my tear filled eyes and hung his head, "hunters," Phil stated through a cracked voice, "only they hunted things we don't necessarily believe exist."
"And what is that supposed to mean, exactly?" Steve hissed, clearly losing his patience, while I drifted on the urge to vomit and scream.
Phil already told me my parents were hunters, and as I got older, I just accepted that because whatever information he had wasn't going to bring them back, and I was happy where I was. I didn't even question why my files were somewhat hidden away, nor usage of Phil's last name instead of mine, till I started using my parent's name when I turned twenty-one. Even then no one really knew who I really was, or where I came from except a select few and the Avengers.
All I remembered about my parents is that they were loving, and while my father left for long periods of time, my mother taught me how to read, write, and do simple math. She was always showing me new things out in the middle of the woods. How to survive, find water, food, and build a shelter. At the time I never thought we were strange, or that my parents were any different than anyone else's. I mean most parents, I was sure, had strange symbols painted on the wall. I was sure that most mothers dyed their hair, once the blonde began to show, but then again, I didn't know any better.
I was also sure something unnatural had killed my parents, I just couldn't remember what.
I wasnt sure I wanted to.

50 Shades Of Steve Rogersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें