Attempt #387

Kim JungEun was on a mission. An impossible mission. One that has been stretching out for months and she's on the cusp of giving up... She considered it after the attempt #386 to be exact (yes, she's counting).

"I didn't say it before to not hurt your feelings, but this is becoming ridiculous." A heavy sigh and a long stare that could only mean 'I love you, but every single cell in my body is judging you right now' was thrown her way. SooYoung wasn't one to measure her words and even though JungEun appreciated her friend's bluntness most of the time, now it was just adding salt to the injury.

"You said that plenty of times actually." She replied, closing her notebook with a huff. A hand messing with her blond locks in a visible display of frustration. It wasn't like JungEun didn't know what she was doing was ridiculous, but it's all she got! SooYoung didn't seem to sympathize with her predicament, not anymore anyway. There was nothing but pity in her eyes.

"Because I can't take this anymore!" The brunette said with a whine note lacing her words. She drank her latte to calm herself down. JungEun did the same with her coffee... It was cold. Great. She frowned in disgust and put it aside. Not even her favorite café, her special drink order and the presence of her not so much now best friend was making this day any better.

"Well, imagine how I'm feeling then!" Her arms automatically crossed in a defensive manner.

"If it bothers you so much, woman up, and go talk to her!" SooYoung hit the table lightly, probably her wish was to slap JungEun square on the face to put some sense into her head, but the brunette had to content herself with the wood surface instead.

"What a preposterous idea!" She couldn't believe her ears! She didn't spend months elaborating intricate strategies to approach the woman of her dreams so SooYoung would come up with something as... as boring, ordinary and effective as simply going to talk to her!

"Preposterous?" SooYoung's brow raised a small smile threatening to break loose on her lips. Now she was just amused, all of her fake anger gone.

"I've been reading a lot lately." She's been reading a lot since this whole ordeal has started. From cheesy romantic books to psychology books. She was desperate, okay!? Maybe she used the former to concoct some plans (and she's going to tell ya that life isn't in any way similar to those romantic comedies stories! Stuff doesn't work like that! Can Y'all believe those falses advertisements!?) and the latter to try to understand what could possibly be going on in the most fascinating girl on the planet's head. They also didn't help, but she could get a psychology degree now with all she knew about the area, so it wasn't such a waste after all... Besides, the university library was the only place she could stay for hours glancing above the book's cover and watch endlessly the target of her infatuation being flawless and unbelievably adorable while she scrunched her nose trying to understand what she just read.

"You're persistent, I'll give you that." SooYoung snapped her out of her reveries "Dumb, but persistent."

"Aw, thank you, sweetie." She plastered a sweet fake smile on her face "Now, I didn't call you here for you to shower me with affection. I need new plans!"

"Nope," she popped the 'p' in an annoying streak "I'm not doing it anymore. I already gave you my two cents. T-a-l-k t-o-h-e-r."