Chapter 4: Memories

A/N: I know. Its short. But like. I intended for this to be shorter. Anyways, enjoy!
________________________________

The clouds danced across the open blue sky, sun shining down radiantly. Sitting on the sofa, Ye Xiu was listening to music when all of a sudden someone takes out one of his earbuds.

"Hey, Ye Xiu!"

He looked back. It was Su Muqiu messing around like always. Sigh.

"What do you want, Muqiu?" He turned toward the other boy.

"I've just gotten into a really cool game and I want you to join me!"

"Why would I have to?"

"Please? I feel lonely." He looked at him with puppy eyes.

"Fine."

"Yay! Ok then let's make you an account!" Muqiu frantically scrambled to take out his laptop.

"You planned to do this from the start!"

"Yup!" Click clack, as he typed on the computer. He turned the laptop around to show the screen.

"Here! Choose your name and customize the avatar."

Ye Xiu moved his mouse over, selecting the hairstyle, face, and body type. He paused before trying to type out a name.

One Autumn Leaf.

He quite liked poems and idioms.

He clicked confirm.

"Wow, this almost looks like you!" Muqiu remarked. He had snuck up behind him and rest his head on his shoulder to see his progress. He slide next to him and told him about all the different classes and wild bosses and such.

Ye Xiu worked on grinding up his character to level 10. He felt a soft thud on his shoulder. Su Muqiu had fallen asleep. He must have been really tired from playing all night. Ye Xiu moved Muqiu's head onto his lap, caring about how much Muqiu's neck would hurt if he had stayed there.

Muqiu stirred for a bit, wrapped his arms around Ye Xiu's waist and went back to sleep. At that point Ye Xiu couldn't do much other than sit there and play Glory, hopefully not waking Muqiu up. A couple hours past by and One Autumn Leaf is now at level 14. He checked the time. It was 8:45.

He looked down at Muqiu's still asleep face. He gently caresses his soft almost ginger hair. He had fell in love with Su Muqiu shortly after he was challenged in an internet cafe years ago. He could still remember their first meeting.

Muqiu out of the blue asked for a duel in another game because he had heard that he was an expert. Muqiu promptly lost multiple times before inviting him out to lunch. They chatted about their love for games and quickly became good friends.

Over the next few months, they would chat, game, and overall have fun. He had found someone who he can confide with, someone who he could tell his life story. Slowly but surely, Ye Xiu had fallen head over heels for Su Muqiu.

Brushing off his memories of their first encounter, Ye Xiu glanced back at the computer and logged off. He felt his eyes grow tired and he was out like a light.

It truly was a beautiful spectacle. Ye Xiu laying on a couch, computer on the coffee table, Su Muqiu happily snoozing on Ye Xiu's lap. They almost look like a happy couple.

Ye Xiu awoke from his slumber. Somber. Why had he remembered this memory after so long? He knew he still loved Su Muqiu but he also needed to move on. Afterall, it was over a decade. He now had Zhou Zekai.

He sighed and got up, and got ready for the day. He reach out for the door, resting his hand on the doorknob. Looking back at the picture frame of a younger him and Su Muqiu, he opened the door and headed out.

He must be strong.

He must move on.

He has to do this.

For both Su Muqiu and Zhou Zekai.

________________________________
... To Be Continued