"it's the feeling"

lorrie debwin
age: nineteen

I let my small hands drift unto the wind's cool air as I biked my way to the fields.

Today's a normal Thursday, the sun shining the roads of Texas, the smell of barbecue attached  at someone's home, and the sight of the cornfields embracing me like a nostalgic hug.

Skipping classes is a safe way to remind your professor that his teaching sucks, and that's exactly what I did.

Well not really, I only have four subjects today and one of those subjects that our professor

Aden Andrews was absent, so instead of wasting our time reading boring psychology textbooks, Ms. Andrews texted one of the students and told us to just have a two hour break and come back at school after the break.

That's why a lot of students from our unit sprinting down to the hallways with a shit ton of friends at their backs and gigantic smiles on their faces.

This is the first time we've ever experienced this.

And were beyond grateful.

Having a two hour break from a thirty year old working professor is a rare occasion for the students, professors mostly expect all their students to be

hardworking and presentable at all times.

Yet she knows how hard it is to dress like a proper college student and to act like a proper college student when we have loads of things to do all at once.

we often study more than you'd think. We'd absorb details in the books and squeeze them out on the exams.

If I have an exam at 10:00am, I have to study from 1:00am - 9:59am. Or if not, I just have to cram and shade random spots of a, b, c, d.

We always bond together as batch because we all know what's going on to each other's dormitories, like excessive party-throwing, excessive projectile vomits, excessive studying, excessive memorizing and most of all
excessive crying.

These are the reasons why we're above grateful for the break Ms Andrews given us.

Usually, If I have a break, like christmas break, I usually go back to Virginia and spend time with my sibling twins Ian and Ina with loads of fried chicken and buckets of mac'n cheese prepared by uncle Davis.

Aunt Esther would bake her signature apple pie topped with ice cream, depending on what ice cream she has in store. It would be always either, chocolate chip, vanilla or mint flavored. But, vanilla, to me is the best combination.

But today's not Christmas break nor thanksgiving, just a satisfying two hour break.

I've been paddling down my bike a few minutes now, been cycling to the fields with It's Real by Real Estate blasting in my earphones.

Most of my friends went to the mall and bought lip kits and whatnot. Shanne texted me to come with her to hang out at a local diner, but I've already excused myself to rest at the other side of Texas.

shinny shanne: u traitor, i thought u'd hang out with me

slimy lorrie: i really don't make decent promises