Childhood 1

"Kaa-san! I found a Chameleon egg! Can I keep it?" A five year old boy with black spiky hair and strangely curly sideburns asked his mother. His mother looked towards him with a smile her brown hair flowing silkily from her head.

"I don't see why not but you have to take care of it when it hatches, ok Renato?" She asked looking at him strictly.

"Un! I will be the best father to this Chameleon ever!" Renato said excitedly proceeding to go find his book on Chameleons and finding out all he could on Chameleons.

Well into the night he finished the book. He closed the book and wrapped the egg in a small blanket and before he went to sleep he whispered. "I'm going to name you Leon and you will be my best friend forever."

Falling into a deep slumber around the egg he didn't notice a glow coming from the egg which connected to his chest right where his heart was. An aura of sun flames surrounded them for a minute before fading, no one none the wiser.

LINE BREAK

"Renato it's time for school!" Renato instantly woke up at the sound of his mother's voice.

"I'm getting ready now!" He hollered back quickly changing into his uniform not noticing the small Chameleon coming out of it's cracked egg, until he reached to pick it up.

"Leon you hatched!" Renato exclaimed happily lifting up the slimy Chameleon and washing him off with a small slightly damp towel. Leon caught a fly flying around with his tongue solving his hunger situation before hopping into Renato's pocket as a sigh of instant trust. Renato smiled and pet his head before walking to his mom to get his lunch.

"Mom! Leon hatched!" Renato exclaimed happily grabbing his lunch from her.

"Oh that was quick he must of been almost ready to hatch when you found him. But you know you can't take him to school with you." She said and he pouted.

"Ok, I'll go put him back in my room..." Renato said heading back to his room before taking Leon out of his pocket and putting him in his backpack.

"Did you really think I'd leave you home alone?" He questioned as Leon looked at him confused. Leon flicked his tongue at him in response as if thanking him.

Renato smiled and picked up his backpack before walking out of the house, his mother none the wiser.

Time Skip

"Hey it's Nerd Renato." Idiotic bully 1 said moving towards Renato with his group of idiots.

"..." Renato looked at them tiredly not deigning to give a response  Leon peaked out of his backpack assessing whether the strangers will attack his master.

"Blah Blah Blah." Neither Renato nor the author was bothering to listen to the idiots. Renato decided to just head home in the middle of the leader's spiel. Unfortunately for the idiots it seems that they are foolish too as they tried to attack while Renato's back was turned.

*GROWL* Idiotic bully 1 was slammed down by a green doberman. Renato's eyes widened as he soon realized that the dog was Leon.

"Gaah What the F***!" Idiotic bully 2 screamed and ran away the rest of the group doing the same. Idiotic bully 1 was whimpering while being held down by Leon.

"Leon, off." Renato ordered and Leon happily leaped off and rubbed against him. Leon turned back into a Chameleon and hopped onto Renato's shoulder.

"Good boy." Renato said petting Leon with a finger before heading home. Any shock to the events that occurred long forgotten.

AN: Finally I got something done! Sorry for the long wait for updates I've been busier than I want to be.