4: The Tracker

Someone's following me. I can feel it. I feel a presence behind me. But why? Is it because I'm the wolf from earlier? No that can't be. I'm in the very back of our property. They couldn't follow me even if they wanted to. I'm too fast for a human to follow on foot, and I don't hear a vehicle either. It can't be another member of the pack either. I run too fast for any of their forms to follow me. I sniff the air. Something is definitely off. I've never smelt anything like this before. I can't go to the cave with someone following me. Maybe I can lose them. I ran as fast as I could, dodging trees, going through streams, and going over rocks and boulders until I got to the mountains. Smelling the air again I can still tell they are there. This is making my anger spike more. How are they keeping up with me? Time for a head on approach. As I turn around to charge towards where I smell them, I feel a prick in my butt. OWW! I started to feel tired. Oh no. Whoever was following me just shot a sleeping dart at me. Great. Just great. I laid down. Now whoever is following me will probably cage me and take me to scientists, because when I fall asleep I change back. Footsteps are approaching me. I'm too tired to even open my eyes and look at them. That's when I blacked out.

***********************************************************************

When I woke up the sun was shining. Where am I? What's happening? I take a look around and that's when I remembered. I remembered things I didn't want to too, like how everyone hates me, how someone followed me, and tranquilized me.I wonder why they did that. The obviously had a reason. But why me. The news couldn't have gotten out that fast could it? Did someone just want me to calm down? It doesn't make any sense. I'd better get to the cave or home just to be safe. The fastest way to get there would be to shift. Shifting is hard when I'm not emotional. I have to think about what being a wolf would be like. Hear like a wolf. Birds chirping in the distance, wind blowing through my hair, twigs snapping as a deer walks on them. Smell like a wolf. Foxes downwind looking for a meal, human town 36 miles due east, home 20 miles south. I can feel myself shifting. My bones molding together. My teeth getting sharper. Fur growing all over my body. My ears getting taller. My face growing wider. Eyes getting bigger. Vision getting sharper. Arms turning into legs. Hands shifting into paws. And finally my spine getting longer and growing a tail. There I'm a wolf now. Let's see should I go the 20 miles to my house or get a workout and go the 40 miles to the cave. I think I'll go to the cave because no one at home wants me there at the moment. I would probably make things worse. Smelling the air, I notice that whoever was following me is gone now. Good. That means I am safe to go run to the cave without being caught. My back leg is still hurting though. This run isn't going to be fun.

**********************************************************************

To those of you who are reading this, I am sorry for the really crappy book so far. I am changing alot of things and unpublished alot of chapters. But do you guys think I should do a POV of the person following Virginia?