A Nobody's Girl

Natalie Robyn :

Prone to be hurt at least by the ones she adored the most.
Hair strawy, starkly and thoughtfully matted.
Eyes bursting with an eternal pierced emerald shading. Although somehow still hidden by vast glasses. Deeply she glanced into the immensely shadowing dark horizon.
A nobody's girl was what she was.
A girl preferred to be hidden away, far away. Her tears binding up into her eyes. The schoolyard full of thin, coarsely identical and seemingly attractive girls made her incredibly self conscious.
At home she was somewhat pleasant feeling.
Although at school it was just a torture chamber. A chamber constantly reminding her that she could never come close to these beauties. Such beauty they carried. Such grace. Thin figures, enormously breasted and glistening long eyelashes were strung upon their eyelids.
She was a nobody's girl. For a while she was rather happy being slipped away, far away into the deepest darkness of loneliness. She enjoyed her own company but after a while she felt like some kind of gloomy looking dork.
A misfit. A freak. Call her anything under the sun she has heard it all before.
The bodies moved slowly around the concrete ground. Shadows of happy, lovestruck couples became apparent.
Why them? Why do these conniving, vindictive and heartless girls all get
the attention and affection?
Why not me? For once why can't it just be me?
They don't deserve the recognition they all get. All the parties, the followers on social media and admirers. Why? Just why?
They are chronic little moronic, mindless bitches!! They can flick their shiny, vast hair and click their acrylic nail strung fingers and get whatever they desire.
Sometimes she would wish, hope for
another place.
A place like no other. A place of decency and courtesy.
The boys cling to their Barbie doll faced girlfriends, they smile and chuckle even. It is unfair! It is really unfair.
What does she not have that she can offer these boys? But then again why
are most boys such visual creatures?
Objectifying young girls every chance they get! Surely there are nice boys who treat girls like herself right, surely?
No. No they are nowhere to be seen.
Because in high school it is like the living dead. It is hell, cryptic social hell.
Not pretty, put off the equation of being popular. No. Because all these narrow minded, pathetic freaks
just want to know the pretty, wealthy and bratty people. Never mind realism.
Because apparently according to our school social ladder misfits, geeks and dorks don't exist. The goths are classified as 'emo freaks'
The geeks are classified as 'know it all dorks'
and the misfits, like herself are classified as the no hoper dreamers.
Artistic. Versatile. And free of spirit. Yet nobody, not one boy wants her.
She's a nobody's girl. A true, deep misfit. People don't understand what she wants out of life. Her weird jewelry and unusual headwear is all in a combination of being misunderstood.
Nobody understands what she wants.
They all just assume she is a lonesome, snobby freak. But if they really knew. They'd be surprised.

A nobody's girl is what she is. And a nobody's girl is what she'll stay.