Chapter7:

Chapter 7:
EMERY'S POV:

The room William led me to was, by far, the most beautiful room I'd ever seen. Even among the rooms at court, this had to be the best. The bed was large and situated upon four dark wood posts. Each post was carved with intricate, little designs that I could tell had been crafted with the utmost precision. There was a large window directly across from the bed that was frosted with the cool, night air. It let in the moonlight that illuminated the room. It had to be a dream during the day. The dresser was made of the same dark wood as the bed, and had the same designs carved neatly into each drawer. There was a white canopy that draped from the ceiling to the floor. It covered the bed completely. I turned to tell William how beautiful it was, but the doorway was empty. Strange. I didn't even hear him leave. I didn't think much of it; I was preoccupied with exploring my new sleeping quarters. It had to have taken a while to create. That meant this room had just been sitting here, unused. I wondered if perhaps it had been used before. Was there some secret about my betrothed's family that led to the secrecy he surrounds himself in today? There were many rumors about him at the court. Some spoke of a prior wife that mysteriously met her death. Others of a battle that left him severely, and horrendously scarred which was later repaired by a mad surgeon. I refused to believe either of them. I did not know why my betrothed did not wish to occupy court. Whatever the reason, it was all up to him. As I circled around the room, though, something told me that the reason was far more sinister than I could imagine.

A/N: I AM SO SORRY! I KNOW IT'S SHORT, BUT I AM HAVING SEVERE WRITING BLOCK FOR THIS STORY! I WILL TRY MY BEST TO START IT UP AGAIN.
IN THE MEANTIME, CHECK OUT SOME OF MY OTHER STORIES PLEASE WHILE I GET MYSELF TOGETHER ON THIS ONE! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT! :)

A Winter's Taleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें